Page 109 of 109 FirstFirst ... 95999107108109
Results 1,081 to 1,086 of 1086

Thread: EAT MOAR TATERS! Huh? page 109

lindtstar is offline Junior Member
    Hello!! . I've been searching for other people actually doing a hack right now and I hope I've found some! . I'm on day 9 of taters right now and am TOO happy! I'm 100% not tired of them, at all (crazy right??). I listed my results so far below. I actually only eat warm potatoes, I can choke down the cold, but the warm seems to be doing just fine! Weeeeeee! . I only eat them with spices and chicken broth. I've had ketchup once and BBQ once but meh, I mostly eat them mashed. Sooooo yummy! . Is anybody else on the potato wagon?

Day 1 - 165.8
    Day 2 - 163.6
    Day 3 - 161.4
    Day 4 - 158.4
    Day 5 - 158.0
    Day 6 - 158.4
    Day 7 - 157.8
    Day 8 - 154.8
    Day 9 - 155.4

DirtAndTea is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by lindtstar View Post
    Hello!! . I've been searching for other people actually doing a hack right now and I hope I've found some! . I'm on day 9 of taters right now and am TOO happy! I'm 100% not tired of them, at all (crazy right??). I listed my results so far below. I actually only eat warm potatoes, I can choke down the cold, but the warm seems to be doing just fine! Weeeeeee! . I only eat them with spices and chicken broth. I've had ketchup once and BBQ once but meh, I mostly eat them mashed. Sooooo yummy! . Is anybody else on the potato wagon?

Day 1 - 165.8
    Day 2 - 163.6
    Day 3 - 161.4
    Day 4 - 158.4
    Day 5 - 158.0
    Day 6 - 158.4
    Day 7 - 157.8
    Day 8 - 154.8
    Day 9 - 155.4
    I'm also on the potato wagon! What great success you've had! This is my dirt post on MDA but, of course, I've been a lurker for quite some time. I have learned so much here but never thought I had much to contribute until now. I'm currently on day 8 and am feeling just fine. I don't dress mine up though. I barely use 1/2 tsp of pink Himalayan salt per day. For the first 4 days I didn't use anything. I also only drank water. I now make a half gallon of green tea (4bags) and drink that with two additional large glasses of water. I have found an odd pattern in my losses. I am only losing every other day, dispose consuming the same thing. I'm going for 14 days and will then add in seasonings and maybe ketchup. Maybe.

I have lost over 35lbs since January 1st with a VLCHF/Primal diet. It's been a long road. To lose this much in such a short time...I'm hooked. I will finally be in 'normal' BMI range when I lose one more pound. I've been pregnant, obese or overweight for the last 6 years. It's nice to finally see a light at the end of a very dark tunnel.

Here's my stats so far:
    D1: 168.6
    D2: 165.6
    D3: 163.8
    D4: 163.4
    D5: 161.8
    D6: 161.8
    D7: 160
    D8: 160
    Last edited by DirtAndTea; 08-10-2014 at 09:20 AM.

Paysan is offline Senior Member
    OK, I lasted only 5 full days, broke my hack with a banana (plus taters), due to loss of energy, headaches and a growing loss of satiety. I would have liked weight loss (finally clocked in at 4 lbs lost), but was mainly interested in getting blood sugar under control. Off hand, it started moving down, but I've been in that range before. 7.5.> 5.8 during day. My fasting B.S, did not change much. However, my toes-obscuring middle shrank by a couple inches, my inconsistent bowel issues resolved on the good side, and tah dah! my roseacea smoothed out and lost its scaliness in that time. So I can say it was a success. Will I try it again? Possibly. But not to lose weight. I think that's a lost cause.;-)

tatertot is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DirtAndTea View Post
    D1: 168.6
    D2: 165.6
    D3: 163.8
    D4: 163.4
    D5: 161.8
    D6: 161.8
    D7: 160
    D8: 160
    Wow! When it works it works! The first time I did it, I was stalled for a year working on the 'last 10.' Lost them all and a few more with 2 weeks of potatoes...and after fearing carbs like the devil himself. If nothing else, the potato diet is a gateway drug to eating starchy carbs again.

Quote Originally Posted by Paysan View Post
    (finally clocked in at 4 lbs lost) Will I try it again? Possibly. But not to lose weight. I think that's a lost cause.;-)
    Yeah, 4 pounds in 5 days...that sucks. I'd have figured you could lose 40 or 50 in that length of time.

Just messin' with ya. Good job! I think you'd be a good candidate for the way I did it last winter. The first 3-5 days of every month, just potatoes. I lost all my summer bulk-up weight (10lbs) in the first three months, and a few more by April. Normally, I'd gain 10 pounds from Sep-Apr.

I love the quote in my siggy line about people with a wide variety of ills trying the potato diet for a short time. It shows me how important food is in the grand scheme. Eating everything under the sun trying to find a magic combination is much harder, in my opinion...been there, done that. Go simple and see what happens. I will say, though, that there are people who don't do well with starch/potatoes/carbs...we're all different. But don't give up on these foods just because you read they are bad. Find out for yourself. I love it when pre-diabetics/T2Ds try the potato diet and, viola, their BG doesn't go crazy.
    Let those who have dyspepsia—and that means a multitude of ills which the American people in their luxurious habits are fast bringing upon themselves—try for a time the potato diet. We have tried it not for months, but a few days at a time—long enough to satisfy us of its good effects. Newspaper article from 1849

Visit my blog: VEGETABLE PHARM

janeen is offline Senior Member
    Well, I've lost about 90 lbs in the last few years being quite low carb. I am REALLY afraid of carbs! I have gained about 10 back, though, and I want them gone.

I have been doing ADF for the last 4 or 5 weeks, I can understand the benefits, but I haven't really lost much (2 or 3 lbs, maybe?)

I'm contemplating trying this, just to shake things up. If I gain MORE, though... well, I'm afraid to even think about that.
    Janeen

TQP
    TQP is online now Senior Member