Page 106 of 109 FirstFirst ... 65696104105106107108 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,060 of 1086

Thread: EAT MOAR TATERS! Huh? page 106

Xexist is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sergel View Post
    Gee... what is this diet doing here...

Really? You could probably do that on jelly beans too... Why not simply eat les carbs... works for me anyway... good meat, veggies, one or two fruits in the day and bingo... weight loss.. no strain, complete nutrition...

I hate thos gimics. Like jojo said previously, you could probably do this with anything... hey why not try 30 bananas a day....lol

I dunno, does'nt sound healthy to me at all...
    So dont do it. I dont go crashing posts on what works for you.

Key Tones is offline Member
    I did a three-week run and lost 14 pounds. I stayed with condiment levels of whatever (butter, egg yolks, bits of chicken) as long as it stayed under 250 calories per day (most days less than 100 calories), because I had read Richard's posts about it on Free the Animal. I took a 4 day hiatus for my birthday and some social events and gained a few pounds (this involved restaurant meals and 2 pieces of birthday cake/huge cup cake - so, yes, sodium and crap), which came off in 3 days on the second run, which I am now in the middle of with one interuption for valentines day. I plan to go another 14 days and see where I stand.

I got these results after losing @ 100 pounds on low carb during years of trying, since 2005, generally losing 15-20 pounds per year, a huge struggle, all in my 40s.

Anyway, the hack has lowered my fasting glucose from 120s on low carb paleo to 80s. This seems consistent wtih McDougall claims for his vegan starch diet plan for diabetics. Yes, I am diabetic and bravely working the potato hack, checking my blood sugar and floored that it is so normal. I decided to try it out of desperation after gaining weight going higher fat/lower protein with my low carb plan.

Dazed and confused, but very pleased.
    Last edited by Key Tones; 02-15-2013 at 02:47 PM.

Zach is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Key Tones View Post
    I did a three-week run and lost 14 pounds. I stayed with condiment levels of whatever (butter, egg yolks, bits of chicken) as long as it stayed under 250 calories per day (most days less than 100 calories), because I had read Richard's posts about it on Free the Animal. I took a 4 day hiatus for my birthday and some social events and gained a few pounds (this involved restaurant meals and 2 pieces of birthday cake/huge cup cake - so, yes, sodium and crap), which came off in 3 days on the second run, which I am now in the middle of with one interuption for valentines day. I plan to go another 14 days and see where I stand.

I got these results after losing @ 100 pounds on low carb during years of trying, since 2005, generally losing 15-20 pounds per year, a huge struggle, all in my 40s.

Anyway, the hack has lowered my fasting glucose from 120s on low carb paleo to 80s. This seems consistent wtih McDougall claims for his vegan starch diet plan for diabetics. Yes, I am diabetic and bravely working the potato hack, checking my blood sugar and floored that it is so normal. I decided to try it out of desperation after gaining weight going higher fat/lower protein with my low carb plan.

Awesome work!

costahobo is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by otzi View Post
    I remember a few years ago making the comment that somebody needs to invent "People Chow". I would love to be able to buy a 50 pound bag of something crunchy that would have the perfect blend of vitamins and C-F-P that I could eat a couple bowls full a day and be guaranteed weightloss and health. They offer this for pets, why not people?

I find that when I commit to just potatoes, everything else is out of the question. It is so easy to justify that other half an avocado or that extra handful of almonds in day-to-day eating.
    I completely relate to this. I buy my cat these little premium pouches of different types of 'meat' in various kinds of sauces, and she loves them. They're not the cans of mashed whatever, they're actualy little piece of 'meat'. The pouch may say turkey, or ocean whitefish or tuna or chicken or beef, but the contents all look the same. It's so easy to feed my cat, and she wolfs it down.

Personally, I could eat whatever. If I could open a pouch and just eat it (and still feel good, full of energy, sleep well, etc), then I would and wouldn't think twice about it.

Terry H is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Key Tones View Post

I wd. be interested in a diabetic's perspective. Cd. you explain the key points of this diet, and (if it is okay to ask) are you a diagnosed T1 or T2?
    "I took a 4 day hiatus for my birthday and some social events and gained a few pounds (this involved restaurant meals and 2 pieces of birthday cake/huge cup cake - so, yes, sodium and crap), which came off in 3 days on the second run, which I am now in the middle of with one interuption for valentines day."
    I also noticed that you, a diabetic, seem to take a vacation from sensible(as a diabetic at least) eating. I suspect that you are easily blown about by fads, and foolishness rather than courage is a better word for it. Only a fool wd. call this irresponsible behavior "awesome work."
    Last edited by Terry H; 03-20-2013 at 08:24 PM. Reason: punct.

Buttoni is offline Junior Member
    I started the Potato Hack on Monday, after reading about it on Low-CarbFriends forums as well as here. I'm down 7# in my first 4 days. I'm amazed this is working so well for me, as I have been on a marathon stall for a very long time. Hopefully this will continue for me.

Started my second Potato Hack July 4th and lost 10# in 11 days. Stopping so I can celebrate my 44th wedding anniversary Friday and will resume another hack the following day. I only have 20 more pounds to lose to reach goal weight, so I think this weight-loss "tool" is going to do the job fore me.

eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    Wow, that's dedication. I was thinking of starting a few days of potatoes, looked under the sink and found 3 small potatoes, one of which was starting to rot. Won't be today.

Stacy15 is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Buttoni View Post
    Started my second Potato Hack July 4th and lost 10# in 11 days. Stopping so I can celebrate my 44th wedding anniversary Friday and will resume another hack the following day. I only have 20 more pounds to lose to reach goal weight, so I think this weight-loss "tool" is going to do the job fore me.
    I am full of questions, as I have been considering doing this myself!

Did the weight you lost on first attempt stay off after you went back to "normal" primal eating?
    How long did you go and how much weight the first round?
    Just a difference on scale, or could you tell in clothes, drop a size, etc.?

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I only did it for 5 days the first time, Stacy and lost 7#. But then we promptly had house guests with gourmet palates (why I had to stop my hack) and that caused me to gain 5# back, sadly. Round 2, I did it for 11 days, lost 10# and only regained 4# in my 4-day cessation. Started Round 3 Saturday 20th, am down that 4# bounce already, and plan to continue the hack until July 31, (or until I have 2 days of no loss, a signal my metabolism is on to me, whichever comes sooner). Again, 1st week in August, I have a 10 day stretch of visiting family from out of town, so I've decided to eat more vegetarian during that cessation, with maybe only a bit of fat for seasoning those veggies. I want to see if that helps keep me from gaining much back. I'm only 20# from goal weight, so I'm hoping if there is net loss after each hack, despite the small bounces up, it may be just the tool to help me get to that goal.
    Last edited by Buttoni; 07-22-2013 at 01:54 PM.