Page 106 of 109 FirstFirst ... 65696104105106107108 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,060 of 1081

Thread: EAT MOAR TATERS! Huh? page 106

Buttoni is offline Junior Member
    Shop Now
    I started the Potato Hack on Monday, after reading about it on Low-CarbFriends forums as well as here. I'm down 7# in my first 4 days. I'm amazed this is working so well for me, as I have been on a marathon stall for a very long time. Hopefully this will continue for me.

Started my second Potato Hack July 4th and lost 10# in 11 days. Stopping so I can celebrate my 44th wedding anniversary Friday and will resume another hack the following day. I only have 20 more pounds to lose to reach goal weight, so I think this weight-loss "tool" is going to do the job fore me.

eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    Wow, that's dedication. I was thinking of starting a few days of potatoes, looked under the sink and found 3 small potatoes, one of which was starting to rot. Won't be today.

Stacy15 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Buttoni View Post
    Started my second Potato Hack July 4th and lost 10# in 11 days. Stopping so I can celebrate my 44th wedding anniversary Friday and will resume another hack the following day. I only have 20 more pounds to lose to reach goal weight, so I think this weight-loss "tool" is going to do the job fore me.
    I am full of questions, as I have been considering doing this myself!

Did the weight you lost on first attempt stay off after you went back to "normal" primal eating?
    How long did you go and how much weight the first round?
    Just a difference on scale, or could you tell in clothes, drop a size, etc.?

I only did it for 5 days the first time, Stacy and lost 7#. But then we promptly had house guests with gourmet palates (why I had to stop my hack) and that caused me to gain 5# back, sadly. Round 2, I did it for 11 days, lost 10# and only regained 4# in my 4-day cessation. Started Round 3 Saturday 20th, am down that 4# bounce already, and plan to continue the hack until July 31, (or until I have 2 days of no loss, a signal my metabolism is on to me, whichever comes sooner). Again, 1st week in August, I have a 10 day stretch of visiting family from out of town, so I've decided to eat more vegetarian during that cessation, with maybe only a bit of fat for seasoning those veggies. I want to see if that helps keep me from gaining much back. I'm only 20# from goal weight, so I'm hoping if there is net loss after each hack, despite the small bounces up, it may be just the tool to help me get to that goal.
    Last edited by Buttoni; 07-22-2013 at 12:54 PM.

gopintos is offline Senior Member
    Awesome! I haven't done one since like the end of last year, might be time again in the near future.
    65lbs gone and counting!!

Fat 2 Fit - One Woman's Journey

moon7 is offline Member
    Can this fast be done with sweet potatoes?

otzi Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by moon7 View Post
    Can this fast be done with sweet potatoes?
    Yes, but then it becomes the Sweet Potato Diet. Sweet Potatoes and White Potatoes are quite different in terms of nutrients and sugars/starches. It may work--if you try, let us know.

RSL
    RSL is offline Senior Member
    I have been reading all the threads about the potato hack here and at Low Carb Friends, and I decided to try it this morning for the first time.

I have recently been diagnosed with Type 2 Diabetes, but I have been very low carb for over four years, and my T2D is completely controlled if I eat right. On the other hand, if I eat sugar, or even too many vegetables or too much protein, my blood sugar zooms up. My fasting BG is an average of 85.

I had been concerned about my blood sugar zooming up if I ate potatoes, but people were saying that it did not happen to them, and someone else said that on Free the Animal, the guy is treating his mother's Type 2 Diabetes with the PH. So I figured I would do it.

Last night, I peeled and boiled a couple of pounds of Yukon Gold and put them in the fridge.

This morning, I checked my blood glucose when I got up and it was 86, so good. Then I ate 1/2 pound of them, with apple cider vinegar, sea salt and a sprinkle of garlic powder.

I started checking my BG, and within 90 minutes, it was 183 and it took several hours to get back to the low 90s, at which point it started going up again, even though I had not eaten anything else at all. The last time I checked, it was still 106. Whoa! This is not good!

When I read on Free the Animal that the first time you do it, your BG may go up really high, I thought, fine, but when I posted a question there, it appears that the reason they are suggesting the PH is to stabilize and lower fasting BG. I have no problem with my fasting BG, as I mentioned, and as long as I eat right, I have no problem with my BG after I eat, either.

The only reason I want to do this is to lose the last several stubborn pounds of body fat that are hanging around. I have been doing Alternate Day Intermittent Fasting for the past three weeks, and it has been going well, but I was attracted to the idea that I would be able to eat potatoes (which I have avoided for years) and not have to eat only 300 calories on the days that I fast.

Could I please get an opinion about this from the experienced people here? I would be willing to do the hack for two weeks, but not at the expense of burning up the beta cells that are remaining in my poor, damaged pancreas.

Thanks!
    Rebecca

Right click here to watch me lose 22.5 pounds of body fat and gain 5.5 pounds of muscle in only 5 months right before your eyes in this cool morphing video!

Click the banner below to visit my blog:

Feb 2009 - 158 pounds - 43.6% body fat
    Aug 2013 - 138 pounds - 34.3% body fat
    So far, lost 19.8 pounds of body fat and gained 1.8 pounds of lean mass
    Goal - 136 pounds - 30% body fat
    Still need to lose 6.4 more pounds of body fat and gain 4.2 more pounds of lean mass

RSL
    RSL is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    I have read the first 19 pages of this thread and no one has mentioned checking their blood glucose or if they are diabetic.
    Rebecca

Right click here to watch me lose 22.5 pounds of body fat and gain 5.5 pounds of muscle in only 5 months right before your eyes in this cool morphing video!

Click the banner below to visit my blog:

Feb 2009 - 158 pounds - 43.6% body fat
    Aug 2013 - 138 pounds - 34.3% body fat
    So far, lost 19.8 pounds of body fat and gained 1.8 pounds of lean mass
    Goal - 136 pounds - 30% body fat
    Still need to lose 6.4 more pounds of body fat and gain 4.2 more pounds of lean mass