Page 103 of 109 FirstFirst ... 35393101102103104105 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,030 of 1086

Thread: EAT MOAR TATERS! Huh? page 103

gopintos is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    I have stairs in my house. And I try really hard NOT to use them haha. I guess I should make a point every day. That is something I could incorporate and not even notice the time and effort spent. Maybe I should start using the upstairs or downstairs bathroom?
    65lbs gone and counting!!

Fat 2 Fit - One Woman's Journey

pklopp is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by gopintos View Post
    I have stairs in my house. And I try really hard NOT to use them haha. I guess I should make a point every day. That is something I could incorporate and not even notice the time and effort spent. Maybe I should start using the upstairs or downstairs bathroom?
    While all exercise will oxidize glucose to some extent, high intensity is defined by the production of lactate when you overwhelm the oxidative capacity of the muscles and instead of generating further energy from pyruvate ( the end product of glycolysis ) the excess pyruvate is converted to lactate which is shunted to the liver for gluconeogenesis.

So, if you don't feel the burn ... well, you're not really at high intensity.

-PK
    My blog : cogitoergoedo.com

Interested in Intermittent Fasting? This might help: part 1, part 2, part 3.

Quarry is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by pklopp View Post
    Yes, especially high intensity sprint training that heavily involves the lower body. That basically demolishes glucose stores, making you a glucose sponge since the largest muscles you possess, bar none, are your quadriceps ( thighs ).

-PK
    Thanks for this reply and your other responses explaining

lambchop is offline Senior Member
    Oooh another 2 lb gone, I love this!

Bag of red potatoes for variety..let's see how that goes

gopintos is offline Senior Member

-PK
    Thanks for the English I was just thinking more along the lines of just a little extra something to do throughout the day. Like parking at the end of the parking lot sort of thing.

Quote Originally Posted by lambchop View Post
    Oooh another 2 lb gone, I love this!
    Good job!
    65lbs gone and counting!!

Fat 2 Fit - One Woman's Journey

lambchop is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by gopintos View Post
    Thanks for the English I was just thinking more along the lines of just a little extra something to do throughout the day. Like parking at the end of the parking lot sort of thing.

Good job!
    thanks!

Stairs are a good idea..enjoy that, lol!

Danielfire is offline Senior Member
    While all exercise will oxidize glucose to some extent, high intensity is defined by the production of lactate when you overwhelm the oxidative capacity of the muscles and instead of generating further energy from pyruvate ( the end product of glycolysis ) the excess pyruvate is converted to lactate which is shunted to the liver for gluconeogenesis.

-PK
    The lactate is responsible for the burn isn't it? Or is that an urban myth?

WonkoTheSane is offline Junior Member
    I'm all done.

11 days of the potato diet (and one back to primal eating) and I'm down 4.2kg (9lb3oz). My tastebuds feel better adjusted to avoiding the sweet crap that I was falling for again, and I'm enjoying savouring my meat and veggies again. Strong black coffee tastes goooooooood again, not bitter.

I wish I'd taken more measurements. I thought of waist etc after I'd already lost a couple of pounds. d'oh.

I wrote up the experience at:

https://www.evernote.com/pub/wrigleyj/potatodiet

Danielfire is offline Senior Member
    4.2 kg in 11 days is ... wow

WonkoTheSane is offline Junior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by Danielfire View Post
    4.2 kg in 11 days is ... wow
    It's a bit bonkers. I've never lost weight that fast, even when on a calorie-controlled high fibre diet. I'm kicking myself that I didn't take better measurements than just weight. From before/after photos (just updated in Evernote), seem to have lost at least some of it around the middle. Something approximating abs are starting to show a little.

Anyhow, now I'm back on the wagon and can get back on track with my powerlifting and running with plenty of protein to make up for anything lost.