Page 102 of 109 FirstFirst ... 25292100101102103104 ... LastLast
Results 1,011 to 1,020 of 1086

Thread: EAT MOAR TATERS! Huh? page 102

Terry H is online now Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by mykidsteacher View Post
    Sorry, what's CHO? So PK, sounds like this isn't a good option for me, huh?

A1C is actually fine (I've been under the care of a naturopath for the past year and a half for adrenal exhaustion issues, and have had all the tests repeatedly). But it is fine because I don't tend to overload on carbs. A regular meal with a sweet potato I do fine with. 1/2 a regular potato, also ok. Grains/sugar are def. no's. I can keep my bg numbers stable with primal eating, so that's what I do. And I'm quite happy doing so.

I was interested in the potato hack because I had read it can help with carb sensitivity/insulin response. I would also like to get rid of the last little pocket of belly fat that refuses to budge (at 47, that might be a losing battle with meno approaching). But it appears, for me, it's not going to be a good thing. So I'll just tuck back into my happy little primal diet and keep on doing what's been working. The 64 before lunch was concerning to me as well. Surprised I actually felt fine with it that low. It was after a prolonged fast (supper the night before at about 7pm, till lunch at noon). So I will make sure I have something for breakfast to prevent that in the future.

This morning fasting was 75, and 2 hours after my usual breakfast of a smoothie with almond milk, sun warrior blend protein powder, blueberries and 1 tbsp coc oil, it was 95. (I'm also allergic to eggs and dairy, so this is my typical breakfast. Can't stomach lunch/supper food in the morning).

Thanks for responding.
    I'm glad that PB is working for you and that you have found out quickly that this probably isn't good for you. Perhaps with inc. exercise (activity) as PKLOPP has suggested wd.'ve helped, no doubt, but is all of this really worth it to get on this bandwagon? Please flee this thread and continue to enjoy your successes. Best wishes.

mykidsteacher is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Terry H View Post
    I'm glad that PB is working for you and that you have found out quickly that this probably isn't good for you. Perhaps with inc. exercise (activity) as PKLOPP has suggested wd.'ve helped, no doubt, but is all of this really worth it to get on this bandwagon? Please flee this thread and continue to enjoy your successes. Best wishes.

Nope, not at all worth it. I'm back to eating the way I know works for me and feeling fine. I'm sure my one day experiment won't do me any lasting harm.

tatertot is offline Senior Member
    Nope, not at all worth it. I'm back to eating the way I know works for me and feeling fine. I'm sure my one day experiment won't do me any lasting harm.
    Smart person speaking! Do what works for you!

lambchop is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Terry H View Post
    What do you care? If you don't like this experiment, why look at the thread?

Please flee this thread? Sounds Grizzlike. Just don't read it if you don't like it. Not everyone has the same objectives as you.

pklopp is offline Senior Member
    Sorry, what's CHO? So PK, sounds like this isn't a good option for me, huh?

A1C is actually fine (I've been under the care of a naturopath for the past year and a half for adrenal exhaustion issues, and have had all the tests repeatedly). But it is fine because I don't tend to overload on carbs. A regular meal with a sweet potato I do fine with. 1/2 a regular potato, also ok. Grains/sugar are def. no's. I can keep my bg numbers stable with primal eating, so that's what I do. And I'm quite happy doing so.

I was interested in the potato hack because I had read it can help with carb sensitivity/insulin response. I would also like to get rid of the last little pocket of belly fat that refuses to budge (at 47, that might be a losing battle with meno approaching). But it appears, for me, it's not going to be a good thing. So I'll just tuck back into my happy little primal diet and keep on doing what's been working. The 64 before lunch was concerning to me as well. Surprised I actually felt fine with it that low. It was after a prolonged fast (supper the night before at about 7pm, till lunch at noon). So I will make sure I have something for breakfast to prevent that in the future.

This morning fasting was 75, and 2 hours after my usual breakfast of a smoothie with almond milk, sun warrior blend protein powder, blueberries and 1 tbsp coc oil, it was 95. (I'm also allergic to eggs and dairy, so this is my typical breakfast. Can't stomach lunch/supper food in the morning).

Thanks for responding.
    You are the ultimate arbiter of what is or isn't a good choice for you. If I were in your shoes, I would abandon this as being counterproductive and unhealthy. There are other ways to reach your goals.

-PK
    My blog : cogitoergoedo.com

Interested in Intermittent Fasting? This might help: part 1, part 2, part 3.

pklopp is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Quarry View Post
    by oxidation do you mean through exercise?
    Yes, especially high intensity sprint training that heavily involves the lower body. That basically demolishes glucose stores, making you a glucose sponge since the largest muscles you possess, bar none, are your quadriceps ( thighs ).

-PK
    My blog : cogitoergoedo.com

Interested in Intermittent Fasting? This might help: part 1, part 2, part 3.

mykidsteacher is offline Junior Member
    I have noticed in the past that if my bg reading is high, even just 15 minutes of brisk marching through the house with knees raised high and arm circles/swings will drop it 30-40 points. So yes, exercise is a def help. After that supper meal when the numbers were so high, I was sitting watching a movie for 2 hours.

Neckhammer is offline Senior Member
    Well, actually you need to throw the glute max in on that since it is the single largest muscle on its own....and will be very well used in the lower body sprint training. Interesting thing is its hardly used in the walking gait, but really comes into its own when we run.

katemary is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Neckhammer View Post
    Well, actually you need to throw the glute max in on that since it is the single largest muscle on its own....and will be very well used in the lower body sprint training. Interesting thing is its hardly used in the walking gait, but really comes into its own when we run.
    What about stairs. If I am regaining fitness to do efficient sprints, will stair walking have the same effect?

Neckhammer is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by katemary View Post
    What about stairs. If I am regaining fitness to do efficient sprints, will stair walking have the same effect?
    Stairs are great! And you can mix it up by doing single or double steps. Just be careful on the way back down!