Page 100 of 109 FirstFirst ... 50909899100101102 ... LastLast
Results 991 to 1,000 of 1081

Thread: EAT MOAR TATERS! Huh? page 100

lambchop is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by gopintos View Post
    I didnt think I ate all that badly over T-day, but the scale thinks so. About 4 lbs over 4 days (t-day on Thursday and again on Sunday) So I decided to go LC/HF for a few days first. And then maybe tators either next week or more towards the middle of the month. I wasn't sure if that was the right thing to do or not. Initially I thought I would just fast but ended up with more protein and calories than I planned. Anyhow, the scale went down 2.2 this morning.
    so are you doing two days off, one day one? I am tempted to try something like that

calee is offline Senior Member
    Hi Lambchop,
    I am starting day 3 today. So far it's been pretty easy. I am doing a mix of Yukon Gold and Sweet Potatoes. I find I stay full much longer on sweet potatoes than Gold. I have been eating 1.5-2 pounds of sweet and half to 1 pound of gold. Only thing I haven't given up is half and half in two cups of decaf. Down 2 pounds on morning three. I'm happy with that.

WonkoTheSane is offline Junior Member
    I decided to give this a go, and have been logging what I'm eating, feeling and weighing in Evernote. Much as I'll regret this (I don't usually share pictures of my torso), here it is:

https://www.evernote.com/pub/wrigleyj/potatodiet

Click the View Options and Date Created (Oldest First) to read it in a more sensible order.

Quarry is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by WonkoTheSane View Post
    I decided to give this a go, and have been logging what I'm eating, feeling and weighing in Evernote. Much as I'll regret this (I don't usually share pictures of my torso), here it is:

Click the View Options and Date Created (Oldest First) to read it in a more sensible order.
    It is scary to share photos but I bet once you get results you will be glad you did!

fiercehunter is offline Banned
    I just love putting the potatoes in the plastic bag and then in the cart next to the full fat milk. Since I am the skinniest person in the grocery store, this is a lot of fun for me.

jakey is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by fiercehunter View Post
    I just love putting the potatoes in the plastic bag and then in the cart next to the full fat milk. Since I am the skinniest person in the grocery store, this is a lot of fun for me.
    fiercehunter - back? spuds and it's not even summer? ray peat ftw?

fiercehunter is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by jakey View Post
    fiercehunter - back? spuds and it's not even summer? ray peat ftw?
    Yep.

Quote Originally Posted by calee View Post
    Hi Lambchop,
    I am starting day 3 today. So far it's been pretty easy. I am doing a mix of Yukon Gold and Sweet Potatoes. I find I stay full much longer on sweet potatoes than Gold. I have been eating 1.5-2 pounds of sweet and half to 1 pound of gold. Only thing I haven't given up is half and half in two cups of decaf. Down 2 pounds on morning three. I'm happy with that.
    sounds great.

of all the things to hang onto - half and half! lol, obviously you like it...

Quote Originally Posted by WonkoTheSane View Post

look forward to the next torso!

mykidsteacher is offline Junior Member
    Learn More
    Wondering if I can get a little advice.

A little background--female, 125 lbs, went paleo Aug 2011 lost 20 pounds, started an alternate day IF (JUDDD) in Jan 2012 and lost 7 more by April when I reached my current weight. Maintain with lt day IF, 700 cals one day 1600-1700 next, still primal. Had gest diabetes with my last baby 7 years ago, controlled with diet. Not diabetic now, but get some high spikes with grains/sugar, so I stay primal and bg stays stable. Typical carb levels around 120g on my higher calorie day.

I tried the potato diet yesterday (it was my low cal day) and was alarmed at my bg readings. I bought a bag of yukons, not sure of the weight, but the bag was worth 330 calories. Boiled them in a box of ff chicken stock with some spices thrown in (basil, marjoram, thyme and parsley). Had just coffee for breakfast, about 1/3 of the potato soup for lunch, with the rest (cooled and reheated) for supper along with the addition of 2-3 Tbsp salsa. Here are my numbers:

Morning fasting: 73

Pre-lunch 64
    1/2 hr pp 117
    1 hr pp 141
    1.5 hr pp 114
    2 hr pp 101

No problem there, I could live with that.

Supper pp 88
    .5 hr pp 201
    1 hr pp 222
    1.5 hr pp 191
    2 hr pp 165

Those are scary high for me. Even a piece of cake on an empty stomach only gets me around 180 (which I don't do once I realized that). At this point, I ate a hamburger patty and waited a bit. By bedtime, 3.5 hrs after eating, bg was 109. This morning fasting was 75. No weight change, and I have the puffy/achy feeling in my hands that lets me know I'm retaining fluid and inflammation is up a bit.

I admit to not reading all 101 pages of this thread (I heard about this from another forum), so forgive me please if this has been answered. But would these readings indicate I should not be doing this? It doesn't seem like it could be a good thing to have numbers this high for several days. Or do you have to get through this point in order for it to get better?

Thanks for any help or advice.

Tina