Page 10 of 109 FirstFirst ... 891011122060 ... LastLast

Thread: EAT MOAR TATERS! Huh? page 10

otzi Guest
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by seaweed View Post
    wasnt there a banana diet around at some stage? i dont like bananas but would it work the same way?
    I remember that, something like '30 bananas a day'. Bananas are high in fructose, I believe. The potato trick works because of the high starch (glucose) content, with no fructose. Fructose has to be digested in the liver, glucose goes straight to cells.

seaweed is offline Senior Member
    that makes sense. i really dont like bananas anyways so any excuse not to eat them is good.

ETA: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Morning_banana_diet eek!!!
    Last edited by seaweed; 10-08-2012 at 09:38 PM. Reason: added url

bdilla is offline Senior Member
    Question.

How important do some of you feel that being totally fat adapted is for this experiment? The reason I ask is, I've been Primal for a year next week, with great results, however I haven't been strict and cheat free in months. Especially these last few months after moving out of my parents house and turning 21; I've been drinking often and cheating 2-3 times a week some weeks, sometimes more, often less; more-so have gone about 60/40 primal if I had to guess.

I started the Whole 30 ten days ago to put myself back into full Primal mode, and have been following this thread since it was posted, very eager to try it. I am considering cutting my Whole 30 short to begin this experiment, but I'm concerned I will reap a much bigger benefit from it by completing the Whole 30 and then trying it.

note: this technically doesn't have to interrupt my Whole 30 considering I'm already allowing white potatoes (don't see why they aren't allowed on the Whole 30). I could do it for 7 days and just return to my normal Whole 30 diet; however, I'm still confronted with the issue of making sure I'm totally fat adapted before I carb-bomb myself.
    Last edited by bdilla; 10-08-2012 at 09:52 PM.
    this great blue world of ours seems a house of leaves, moments before the wind

otzi Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by bdilla View Post
    Question.

How important do some of you feel that being totally fat adapted is for this experiment? The reason I ask is, I've been Primal for a year next week, with great results, however I haven't been strict and cheat free in months. Especially these last few months after moving out of my parents house and turning 21; I've been drinking often and cheating 2-3 times a week some weeks, sometimes more, often less; more-so have gone about 60/40 primal if I had to guess.

I started the Whole 30 ten days ago to put myself back into full Primal mode, and have been following this thread since it was posted, very eager to try it. I am considering cutting my Whole 30 short to begin this experiment, but I'm concerned I will reap a much bigger benefit from it by completing the Whole 30 and then trying it.
    Being fat adapted isn't required. I say start now!

Drumroll is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bdilla View Post
    Question.

I'd finish the whole 30 first and then go at it.

However, strictly speaking, it's the caloric deficit that will take the weight off. Being "fat adapted" might enhance results somewhat, but I wouldn't think that not being adapted would take away all benefit.

bdilla is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Drumroll View Post
    I'd finish the whole 30 first and then go at it.

However, strictly speaking, it's the caloric deficit that will take the weight off. Being "fat adapted" might enhance results somewhat, but I wouldn't think that not being adapted would take away all benefit.
    I hear you. Like I said in my edit, though: Technically I would not be interrupting my Whole 30 because I've been including white potatoes as it is. Main concern is eliminating dairy and alcohol. So I'm thinking I may try it.
    this great blue world of ours seems a house of leaves, moments before the wind

Drumroll is online now Senior Member
    Well, you may not see quite the dramatic results if you aren't fat adapted, but there should be some benefit to undertaking it.

sakura_girl is offline Senior Member
    Cool, I guess I will give this a shot with cycling sweet potatoes, potatoes, and rice when I run out of meat. In the meantime, looking forward to everyone's results!

PureFunctionalFitness is offline Senior Member
    Day One over - 4lbs of spuds and a small bowl of rice.

Weigh in Day 2 morning - 81.2kg, so up .2kg. Early days so nothing to fret about anyway.

I am going to mix potatoes and white rice today for variation

Thrakk is offline Junior Member
    Very interesting thread y'all have here.

I've been watching this progress, and I think I'll have to give it a try in the next week or two, providing that the people already experimenting with this continue to have positive results.

*thumbs up*

Page 10 of 109 FirstFirst ... 891011122060 ... LastLast