Thread: Beef/Pork bone broth page

Catrin is online now Senior Member

Beef/Pork bone broth

Shop Now
    Is there any reason not to mix beef and pork soup bones for bone broth? I know it is best not to mix beef and chicken because of what happens to chicken fat when it is cook for long periods of time, but my assumption is there shouldn't be any problems mixing beef and pork. My current batch of soup bones are on the small side...

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Catrin View Post
    Is there any reason not to mix beef and pork soup bones for bone broth? I know it is best not to mix beef and chicken because of what happens to chicken fat when it is cook for long periods of time, but my assumption is there shouldn't be any problems mixing beef and pork. My current batch of soup bones are on the small side...
    I do it... I've never seen a down side.

I save bones in the freezer in zip bags.
    So fowl bones go in one... chicken and the occasional duck. A goose carcass is big enough for it's own pot, as is a turkey. But if I've portioned any of those pieces off, the bones go in the bag fowl bag.
    And beef, pork, lamb, veal... go in another bag.

I also buy soup bones (beef knuckles and such), and additions (pork/chicken feet, tails, and such) and do big batches of single flavors.
    Or just fill out a small batch of mixed bones with them... that works too.

But I still save my daily bones, they add up.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

bloodorchid is offline Senior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    i just throw whatever i have/bought/finished eating in a pot. i don't keep the fat anyways cause i don't like how chicken and beef fat taste on their own

dogs get it usually after i chip cold bits off the top
    beautiful
    yeah you are

I mean there's so many ants in my eyes! And there are so many TVs, microwaves, radios... I think, I can't, I'm not 100% sure what we have here in stock.. I don't know because I can't see anything! Our prices, I hope, aren't too low!