Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Agrarian Goddess worship question page 2

jaye is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by kenn View Post
    Male violent hierarchy? Lol that implies women are innocent victims/bystanders and that's the last thing they are.
    Sorry you inferred that. I was not trying to imply it.

kenn is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jaye View Post
    Sorry you inferred that. I was not trying to imply it.
    What you said is from feminist doctrine it's not implied there, its directly stated. That's what that phrase means, whether you conciiously mean it or not that's what you're repeating. It's a politically charged phrase. As bad as "assault rifle".
    Starting Date: Dec 18, 2010
    Starting Weight: 294 pounds
    Current Weight: 235 pounds
    Goal Weight: 195 pounds

jaye is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kenn View Post
    What you said is from feminist doctrine it's not implied there, its directly stated. That's what that phrase means, whether you conciiously mean it or not that's what you're repeating. It's a politically charged phrase. As bad as "assault rifle".
    I wasn't aware I was repeating feminist doctrine verbatim. I was simply describing our culture which is violent, male-dominated and hierarchical. I don't feel that fact absolves women from their intentional part in it. That doesn't seem reasonable.

And no, it is not directly stated. Directly stated would be me saying women are innocent bystanders, which I did not say.

Laconophile is offline Senior Member
    I wouldn't trust Eisler or Diamond. They're both radical egalitarians and promoters of the "noble" savage myth (as if communism is noble).
    Ye shall know them by their fruits.

Diana Renata is offline Senior Member
    It's hard to know how to take a lot of this stuff. For one, what we know as fact is usually somewhat limited, and a lot of archaeology is best guess (regardless of what archaeologists might think/say.)

My 2 cents-

Whether hunter gatherer, or agrarian, when a person and a culture's livelihood depends on certain plants or animals, they're generally treated with veneration and great respect. Only a fool, regardless of their spiritual beliefs, would bite the hand that feeds them, so to speak.

I have a hard time believing that there are ever entirely-peaceful or entirely-warlike societies. There has always been struggle, strife, and war. Hunter-Gatherers fought. Herders fought. Agrarian societies fought. Very little has changed throughout history based on food sources, or religion for that matter. Goddess worshipers, God worshipers, monotheists, polytheists... it doesn't much matter. To think that modern society is any different from what used to be, or that at any point there was a shift in behavior of man, I think is to a degree merely wishful thinking that there is, was, or could be any sort of utopia.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12