Thread: Just had my blood test results page

UK Dave is offline Junior Member

Just had my blood test results

I don't post very much, but i do have a rumage round on here often. Just had my blood results back ond my nurse at the health centre is a little concerned about some of the numbers, i however am not too concerned, just thought i would post my results up here for some comments and opinions and to make sure my thinking is correct!
    My background is primal for around 2 years, i'm 47 years old, quite fit i suppose, gym 3-4 times a week, lift heavy weights/olympic type etc, cycle often, long rides and weekly sprints....i don't really do running my weight is circa 200lbs/90kgs ish i'm 6'' 2''.
    HDL - 61mg/dl
    LDL - 231 mg/dl
    Tri - 92mg/dl
    total serum - 308mg/dl
    blood pressure 130/90

Obviously she is concerned about my total serum, coming from the conventional wisdom angle and my LDL. I don't know too much about cholesterol, but am i right in thinking my LDL level could also contain large and small particles and this could be masking the real figure.

Artbuc is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by UK Dave View Post
    I don't post very much, but i do have a rumage round on here often. Just had my blood results back ond my nurse at the health centre is a little concerned about some of the numbers, i however am not too concerned, just thought i would post my results up here for some comments and opinions and to make sure my thinking is correct!
    My background is primal for around 2 years, i'm 47 years old, quite fit i suppose, gym 3-4 times a week, lift heavy weights/olympic type etc, cycle often, long rides and weekly sprints....i don't really do running my weight is circa 200lbs/90kgs ish i'm 6'' 2''.
    HDL - 61mg/dl
    LDL - 231 mg/dl
    Tri - 92mg/dl
    total serum - 308mg/dl
    blood pressure 130/90

Obviously she is concerned about my total serum, coming from the conventional wisdom angle and my LDL. I don't know too much about cholesterol, but am i right in thinking my LDL level could also contain large and small particles and this could be masking the real figure.
    Check out the thread on this page started by Miss Understood. Listen to the Dr Dayspring podcasts and read the cholesterol series by Dr Attia. If they are right, you can not know your risk for CVD from a standard lipid panel. However, the ratio of trigs divided by HDL-C is a pretty good predictor. It should be less than 3 and ideally 1. Trigs should ideally be 70 or less. The most important marker is LDL-P which you want to be 1000. 1200 is concerning and 1600 requires treatment, according to Dr Dayspring.

UK Dave is offline Junior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Thanks for that. I don't think I've got too much too wory about.