Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Well, I botched that one... page 3

sbhikes is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Drumroll, don't worry about it. I participated in a forum for a while and everybody there went on paleo and they were all boasting about all the beef tallow and cracklin's they were eating and I was just so grossed out by the thought of it. I thought they were all nuts trading low calorie things like oats or normal foods for big bowls of blubber. Eventually I ended up doing everything they all do. I had finally run out of options and was willing to try it.

Don't knock weight watchers. It actually works. My co-worker has lost more weight in fewer weeks on weight watchers than I did on paleo. It helps she's about a foot taller and much fatter, but still, it works and she's happy. It's been so long since I've been fat now that nobody remembers what I looked like, so I'm not going to be much of a visual proof of this way of life. When people ask me about my diet I just explain it in terms of my own health problems being fixed and leave it at that.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    Starting squat: 45lbs. Current squat: 180 x 2. Current Deadlift: 230 x 2

Sungrazer is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by palebluedots View Post
    To be fair, there are a lot of people out there spewing bullshit, and when you're steeped in CW, it's easy to block out what certain people say. But no worries, she may hear this again from someone else at some point, and maybe next time she'll think it's not such bullshit. And maybe someday she'll be open to it, and you'll be the person who planted that seed.
    Also, never forget confirmation bias. It is very powerful. You´re more likely to agree even more strongly with something you read if you already agree with the topic, and vice versa.
    Sometimes you need to be told the truth in order to be able to see it.

My journal

I see grain people...

Exist in shadow, drifting away.

sunsis is offline Member
    i told my mum who is totally not primal about what im doing - im cutting grains and dairy. i still have a little bit of full fat greek yoghurt and very small amounts of cheese - probably less than a serving every few days. i even stopped drinking my beloved coffee because i just cannot bring myself to drink it without cream and sugar. well she rolled her eyes, but didn't say anything. i didn't bring up a lot of it and didn't delve into the science of it either. well anyways my skin was super clear and beautiful all week, and then night before last i cheated and had a steak lot burger...with cheese...and a blended iced coffee. now yesterday and today my eczema on my forehead and crevices of my nose is flared up again, and lots of blackhead/aczema/acne type deal back in my usual spot on my lower right cheek/jaw area. mum saw this and told me im not allowed to eat wheat and dairy anymore O_o!!! i guess some people need that visual proof.
    hm it kinda sounds like on this post i live with my mum, but actually i work with her at a day spa so its pretty important for me to have good lookin' skin!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123