Thread: Ketosis/Carb Refeed/CKD page

Bosstycoon is offline Senior Member

Ketosis/Carb Refeed/CKD

Shop Now
    Ok so I have been on track with the cyclical ketogenic diet and have been very low carb for weeks now but was around 40-70 grams of carbs a day until I really got on track to be under 50grams a day..

My main question is should I hit Ketosis before I have a refeed or should I wait until my ketone Levels are extremely high. Currently my levels are at "trace ketones" and am not totally sure on what I should do. havent really found a discussion on any forum online about weather or not I should be in full ketosis or not before a refeed..

Let me know what you think thanks

-Mike

ps here is a link from 9/14 progress to 10/1 progress just for some viewing pleasure
    sorry if its a lil to open of a pic but im comfortable with myself

http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j2...ick/photo5.jpg
    Started Primal November 20, 2011
    Slipped from Christmas-New Years
    January 2, 2012 until Death= 100% Primal/Paleo

Start Weight-210
    Goal Weight-Skinny with a 6 pack and lean all around

Journal.... http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread44612.html

Drumroll is online now Senior Member
    I'd include a carb refeed whenever you feel like it. It doesn't matter if you are deep in ketosis, or just slightly. The point is to keep carb refeeds sporadic. If your body gets overly used to a pattern, it will adjust and the method will be less effective. Eat ketogenically most of the time, but randomly toss in fasts and carb refeeds to keep it guessing every now and then to prevent your body from fully adjusting to a pattern which might actually SLOW your fat loss.

Daydreamer is offline Senior Member
    Man, your progress is just UNBELIEVABLE !
    How is your diet like, in terms of rough calories, macro ratios, and food items you have ? If you don't mind me asking
    You did that in 2 WEEKS !
    Great great job.
    Young self-caring Paleo-eater from France.
    (So please forgive the strange way I tend to express myself in your beautiful language )

@drumroll thank you, thats what i was thinking as my current ketone levels are at trace (15) and a large level on the bottle is (150)...however im gunna do my refeed next weekend still though; do to my food scheduel and workout regimin already pre planned..One week of Full ketosis wont hurt...

@daydreamer ok man so my basic workout plan that i follow monday-thursday is a very simple workout..Its the bizzy diet workout plan..which is based around a circuit....20 minute warm up on a elliptical with 1 minute intervals of fast run then slow(walk)...Then you go into your 5 isolated weight workouts and do a 10 minute cardio sesh before the last set..I could go into detail about this routine but its very easy to find...here i will copy link actually jus a sec...

http://www.musclepharm.com/sites/def...se_v3_376c.pdf

ok once Im done with this basic routine i start doing alot of custom workouts me and some buddies so together...tons of pull ups throughout my gym session (sometimes with a 10lb weight on a belt around my waist)...hundreds of jumping jacks...pushups...row machine..I pretty much never rest when i work out (i keep my heartrate elevated at all times) rest periods may be 30 seconds to down some water..tons of crunches.. I pace around the gym alot with 70lb dumbells in each hand...Ya pretty much almost like my own cross fit routine but in a regular gym

Start Weight-210

sorry thought you asked about workout haha...lemme get my macros together for you in just a bit

Start Weight-210

lissee is offline Senior Member
    I don't mind reading about your workout. Glad you posted it! Congrats on the loss so far.

Daydreamer is offline Senior Member
    Thanks for your reply Bossty.
    I won't argue, you got great results but... to me your plan seems like a waste of time.
    I mean, you could have the same results or even better results with a much better "thought" plan.
    The Bizzy Diet sounds absurd to me, cardio is catabolic by nature. More than 2h of training 4 times a week is pushing it too far. You'll end up overtrained man, muscle grow when you rest and there's a point when exhausting it more is useless and is just digging in your anabolic abilities.
    You don't want to be overtrained, and as you get leaner and leaner you have less "range" to train that hard.

Ask some very experienced lifters on the forum, I'm pretty sure they'll explain this better than I do.

Still, good job for your fat loss.
    Young self-caring Paleo-eater from France.
    (So please forgive the strange way I tend to express myself in your beautiful language )

@daydreamer My plan is very laid out honestly, i have a journal with my workout routine typed up for my everyday routine; i just had mentioned exercises that i do throughout the week(that wasnt of examples of everyday activites) even tho it seemes like that..Its not like I just go in the gym and workout whatever i feel like..I focus on different muscle groups every day and rest alot honestly...I did come to realization that i was overtraing a bit and have signifigantly slowed down...

Im not arguing with you bro your a great guy, and have followed me, and informed me on alot in these past few months. I definitely am taking in your information that your helping me with...

Ok so here are my macros when Im in keto phase ( i change varitaion of meats and veggies everytime I go shopping-So i eat alot of the same meals-its just what i like to do)..Im yet to do a carb refeed (that will start next friday) so i dont have macros for that well i do but not a meal plan laid out yet....

Ok so yes I drink Protein (Promasil Rivalus-extremely clean protein-check it out if youd like) I also eat quest bars for my post workout nutrition..some may not consider these paleo/primal but I still consider myself like 99.9% Paleo haha..I like that kind of mentality

after 15minutes of many failed attempts to attach i think i got it as a pdf macros.pdf

Start Weight-210

PrimalCon New York
    also help me out by what you mean "a though plan" any reccomendations?

Start Weight-210