Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A hello from Britain page

paleoisles is offline Junior Member

A hello from Britain

Howdy, I have just joined this forum, though I have been a regular reader of MDA for about two years now.

I'm currently enjoying the paleo lifestyle, and currently pursuing a degree thats research focus will be on evolutionary perspectives on modern health, and no doubt being a regular reader here had something to do with my decision

Anyone else out there from the United Kingdom or Ireland?
    I have just started a blog geared towards a paleo / primal lifestyle in Britain and Ireland and it would be great to here from anyone from Britain in terms of queries, advice, conversation.

chronyx is offline Senior Member
    Hello from rainy Surrey!

Apparently Primal doesn't make you invincible to the common cold...sniff

Ha, try Newcastle. Its not as grim up north as some people think, but the weather is!

paleo-bunny is offline Senior Member
    Hello from down south in Bristol. Welcome
    F 5 ft 3. HW: 196 lbs. Primal SW (May 2011): 182 lbs (42% BF)... W June '12: 160 lbs (29% BF) (UK size 12, US size 8). GW: ~24% BF - have ditched the scales til I fit into a pair of UK size 10 bootcut jeans. Currently aligning towards 'The Perfect Health Diet' having swapped some fat for potatoes.

Lewis is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by paleoisles View Post
    Anyone else out there from the United Kingdom or Ireland?
    I have just started a blog geared towards a paleo / primal lifestyle in Britain and Ireland and it would be great to here from anyone from Britain in terms of queries, advice, conversation.
    Ouch! Put "Britain or Ireland" -- it's a less controversial way of putting it. ;-)

Many Britons here. I don't think there are so many Irishmen.

socoolnanny is offline Member
    Hi from Plymouth. Sounds like you are doing very interesting and relevant research. Are you going to investigate the issue of geography when it comes to eating and living primal? I was wondering if our natural diets varied according to the part of world we live in/originated from. Debra

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

mimolette is offline Junior Member
    Hi from London!
    I've just moved here actually but I like it, it is very easy to get fresh FOOD and not manufactured by products. I love the farmers' markets and roadside grocery stores!

paleo-bunny is offline Senior Member
    I am at least an eighth Irish and am told I look pretty Celtic - I have lots of Northern English blood and have dark blonde hair with hints of auburn, freckles and green eyes. Also black eyelashes (was born with black hair which soon turned blonde).

Anyways, your ancestry will certainly have a bearing on your optimal diet so that is something to pay attention to.
    F 5 ft 3. HW: 196 lbs. Primal SW (May 2011): 182 lbs (42% BF)... W June '12: 160 lbs (29% BF) (UK size 12, US size 8). GW: ~24% BF - have ditched the scales til I fit into a pair of UK size 10 bootcut jeans. Currently aligning towards 'The Perfect Health Diet' having swapped some fat for potatoes.

Quote Originally Posted by socoolnanny View Post
    Hi from Plymouth. Sounds like you are doing very interesting and relevant research. Are you going to investigate the issue of geography when it comes to eating and living primal? I was wondering if our natural diets varied according to the part of world we live in/originated from. Debra
    I was certainly considering it, I'm torn between looking at diet in its evolutionary context, or looking at childhood and how we raise children compared to what some might argue is a more natural means - diet will be a part of this. Essentially I have a matter of weeks to decide what I wan't my next year of research to be on. Panic time soon

In terms of diets varying depending on where we come from, lactose tolerance amongst certain populations is an obvious one, and wouldn't be suprised if we uncovered more variation, if only slight, when it comes to diet and individual background.

Quote Originally Posted by paleo-bunny View Post
    I am at least an eighth Irish and am told I look pretty Celtic - I have lots of Northern English blood and have dark blonde hair with hints of auburn, freckles and green eyes. Also black eyelashes (was born with black hair which soon turned blonde).

Anyways, your ancestry will certainly have a bearing on your optimal diet so that is something to pay attention to.
    Similar mix here, half irish, half geordie... fill the stereotype my self with blue eyes and curly hair. I have long weaned myself off jacket potatoes and occasional locally brewed ale which were vices pre paleo!

I wonder if there would be enough interest in a uk paleocon of sorts down the line if paleo/primal living becomes more popular?

upupandaway is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Hello from London!

There's an UK/ROI group on here http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/group67.html although I'm also new so I don't know how much traffic it gets...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast