Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: It's happening! page

Barefoot Gentile is offline Senior Member

It's happening!

Primal Fuel
    Pizza and pasta are not becoming so appetizing anymore. The pasta I could do without, but I love pizza. I only eat it once a week and prefer to make my veggy pizza. But changing my diet maybe 60% primal, after I eat this stuff my stomach and system just seems off.

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    IMO/IME if you give your body enough good healthy real 'primal' foods then it will eventually start talking back when you give it the wrong stuff.
    You just have to listen.

As with all things in life this is a journey, not a destination... so it wasn't necessary to do it ALL exactly one way and only one way from the first day out the gate.

Congratulations for making strides down your own road... and learning to hear what your body has to say to you.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

JackMcNasty is offline Junior Member
    It has only been 2 months eating primal for me but I already have zero urge to eat non primal foods. People constantly put it in front of me and I could care less. It is rather peculiar to have no cravings.

wendyland is offline Senior Member
    I can't even remember the last time I had pizza or pasta. It's not appetizing to me at all. They make me feel bloated and gross. I have a harder time saying no to a good cheeseburger. Sometimes bunless just doesn't do it for me.

Spiralicious is offline Senior Member
    It's a great feeling, I love it! Especially because it was so difficult at first, getting to say "No, I don't want a cupcake" because you actually don't want one, not because you know you shouldn't is a glorious thing! It seems to me that every time I give in to a poor food choice, it's easier not to the next time, and as time goes on, the time between those poor choices gets larger and larger.

Addo is offline Junior Member
    It's great when you can start saying no and not feel like you are missing out. Pasta would be my greatest "loss". Haven't had a mouthful since starting PB maybe two weeks ago.

Catrin is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Barefoot Gentile View Post
    Pizza and pasta are not becoming so appetizing anymore. The pasta I could do without, but I love pizza. I only eat it once a week and prefer to make my veggy pizza. But changing my diet maybe 60% primal, after I eat this stuff my stomach and system just seems off.
    I've found that after 52 years of bad eating (even by SAD standards except for the last 3 years), that once my body got a taste of real foods when I went Primal almost 2 months ago that it really doesn't like it when I give it something that isn't paleo/primal. I've really only done this once but my stomach let me know, fast, that it didn't approve. I don't even find myself craving my old "addictive" foods because of how much better I feel.

Knifegill is offline Senior Member
    Still fighting the free pizza brigade. One of my few remaining weaknesses, but I've said NO a lot more often than I've said YES lately, especially when I visualize the ingredient list. Doesn't matter how many whole 30's I do or how much I love eggs and avocados and bacon and fish, the free pizza will always get a second look from me - so far. It's hard to remember it's got all the negative health points of a snickers bar.

Turquoisepassion:
    Knifegill is christened to be high carb now!
    notontherug:
    the buttstuff...never interested.
    He gives me Lamprey Kisses in the midnight sea
    Flubby tubby gums latching onto me
    For all that I've done wrong, I mastodon something right...

My pony picture thread http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread82786.html

lotusberries is online now Senior Member
    I still eat pizza, I just scrape the toppings off and throw the crust away. I used to always get sick after eating pizza, but I have no negative reactions when I eat it this way.

RaeVynn is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    We had pizza last night... and afterwards, my mouth tasted like I had eaten straight white flour. bleecccch.

That taste hung around all night. Pretty much ruined it for me. I think I'll skip pizza out. I can make "meatza" or cauliflower crust pizza, or pizza like stuff that will taste better, and not gross me out.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast