Thread: Should have known better page

Pilatesmom is offline Member

Should have known better

Primal Fuel
    I have been primal for about 3 weeks now and have lost 6lbs!! My little treats now and again have been usually a piece of chocolate, glass of wine or a small ice cream. Today I decided to join in on pizza with a friend during a social visit and am paying for it dearly. Almost immediate bathroom trip and then stomach ache and then a bloated stomach. It only makes me even more aware how damaging my previous eating habits were and confirms my new way of life which is healthier and inline with evolution. Anyone else experience this?

jojohaligo is offline Senior Member
    Yes, a few times. Twice by eating grain and getting really bloated. A few other times I have eaten yam fries with the mayo dip at restaurants and figured the little bit of shitty oil wouldn't really be a problem. And mostly it hasn't been, but this last time I had such a bad gut ache I was doubled over. Of course, maybe their dip was spoiled. Now I know I can't eat them out and I will have to make them at home, which hasn't been wholly successful yet.
    Female, age 51, 5' 9"
    SW - 183 (Jan 22, 2012), CW - 159, GW - healthy.

Met my 2012 goals by losing 24 pounds.
    2013 goals are to get fit and strong!

Lewis is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Pilatesmom View Post
    I have been primal for about 3 weeks now and have lost 6lbs!! My little treats now and again have been usually a piece of chocolate, glass of wine or a small ice cream. Today I decided to join in on pizza with a friend during a social visit and am paying for it dearly. Almost immediate bathroom trip and then stomach ache and then a bloated stomach. It only makes me even more aware how damaging my previous eating habits were and confirms my new way of life which is healthier and inline with evolution. Anyone else experience this?
    Not personally, but many people say this.

Pilate's Mom, eh? You should give him a clip round the ear for not standing up to the mob. ;-)

Pilatesmom is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Lewis View Post
    Not personally, but many people say this.

Pilate's Mom, eh? You should give him a clip round the ear for not standing up to the mob. ;-)
    I'm pretty sure you know it's Pilates mom, I am a certified Pilates instructor and a mom

PHaselow is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Pilatesmom View Post
    Yep. Today. Last night I had a large piece of cheesecake at our house (party). I did not sleep well last night and I feel tired, lethargic and even a bit depressed today. Cravings are back for more sugar, too. I am having a hard time keeping myself from going on a total binge.

I have to go cold turkey, 100% Primal or else I don't think (for me) this is going to work. Too crazy of a response to SAD foods to manage if I do an 80/20 approach right now. Question is: can I do it (go 100%)?

Age 48
    Start date: 7-5-12
    5'3"
    121lbs
    GOAL: to live to be a healthy and active 100

"In health there is freedom. Health is the first of all liberties."
    Henri Frederic Amiel

AlanC is offline Senior Member
    I went through the same thing with quitting smoking

Carbs are an addiction and I agree, you need to quit completely.

Later maybe you can handle some but to kill those cravings you need to get your body adjusted for at least a couple of weeks.

I think you'll find it's actually easier to say NO non-primal than it is to try and juggle 'just a bit' and or figure out how much you can take and not dive straight back to where you already are. You know, that place you're trying to get away from?

Nancy Reagan made it unhip but I'll say it anyway - Just say NO!

APC