Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Too Young to be Old page 4

Diogenes is offline Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by jacmac View Post
    keeping you posted may just keep me accountable!
    I am interested in the fact that you spend only 15 mins four days a week to achieve your fitness goals. Is that the recommendation of Convict conditioning? I took a peek at some of the links posted here omn CC and it seems to be very similar to Marks fitness plan . Would you agree?
    Hey jacmac

The CC routine I am using specifies two days per week with two exercises each day. I have expanded that to four days, with one exercise each day because I get impatient with so many days doing nothing. They are easily doable in 15 minutes. For example, today is pushups day, and I am doing them while I read and write on the forum here, so realistically, I am doing three sets of pushups in about three minutes. That's one of the nice things about bodyweight exercises--you can do them anytime, anywhere.

CC and and Primal Fitness are very similar. CC is wider in scope and much more comprehensive. With the training I got from CC, I am able to construct my own progressive exercise plan, tailoring it for my needs, preferences and goals. Primal Fitness does include sprinting, which I think is a very valuable addition.

If you have questions, feel free to ask, or post in the fitness forum. There are many people there able to help you out.

Quote Originally Posted by phigment View Post
    Be careful at a higher altitude while exercising. Go slower and be more forgiving if you pewter out quickly. It takes a couple of days for your body to adjust.
    Thanks, phigment. Will do.

Quote Originally Posted by Grokalicious View Post
    Stick to it, pic or no pic!

It's not a diet, it's a lifestyle. I am planning to stick to it as long as I am able.

As a side note, my dear wife has also been eating primal and doing bodyweight exercises. She is not totally consistent, especially with the exercise, but as of today, she has lost 15 lbs since September. Hopefully, the success will be inspiration to be more diligent.

jacmac is offline Senior Member
    Thanks Diogenes,

today after work is my first day at the gym.

I looked up CC but the book is not available in Australia at the moment and as I am starting my exercise regime today I am going to take the PBF road use body weight and some free weights. I hope to be posting like you about my success shortly.

In fact I have set myself 3 months to whip my body in to some kind of shape (other than round) before I go back to University in Feb 2013.
    I have an idea I would like to revamp myself and I like the idea of being able to have something to show for the summer break!

Grokalicious is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Diogenes View Post
    As a side note, my dear wife has also been eating primal and doing bodyweight exercises. She is not totally consistent, especially with the exercise, but as of today, she has lost 15 lbs since September. Hopefully, the success will be inspiration to be more diligent.
    Wow, good for her. That is awesome! So much easier when one's mate is living this lifestyle along with you (or at least eating as such)!
    If one dream should fall and break into a thousand pieces,
    never be afraid to pick one of those pieces up and begin again.

Flavia Weedn, Flavia and the Dream Maker

Memento vivere!!!
    Grokalicious

Quote Originally Posted by Grokalicious View Post
    Wow, good for her. That is awesome! So much easier when one's "mate" is living this lifestyle along with you (or at least eating as such)!
    Fixed it for you. Unfortunately, I left the Woman Of My Dreams for my current nightmare. Made a play to win her anew, but she is happy where she is...

Grokalicious is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Diogenes View Post
    Fixed it for you. Unfortunately, I left the Woman Of My Dreams for my current nightmare. Made a play to win her anew, but she is happy where she is...
    Oh boo.
    If one dream should fall and break into a thousand pieces,
    never be afraid to pick one of those pieces up and begin again.

Flavia Weedn, Flavia and the Dream Maker

Memento vivere!!!
    Grokalicious

Hmm, it has been a while since I posted here. After gaining 3 lbs over the holidays, I have lost 6 lbs in January. I am nearing the 40 lb mark of total weight lost. The paleo diet is the easiest and most successful weight loss method I have ever used. I don't feel hungry or deprived, I'm just looking forward to more weight loss at a steady rate.

Workouts are still going strong. I am actually at a semi-comfortable weight now, and after five months of working out, feeling pretty good. Not that I have any intention of being satisfied at this point--far from it. I'm a guinea pig. Let's keep losing weight and getting more fit and see how far this train goes! Stronger! Leaner! Faster! Tougher!

Goals for Feb:
    -Keep up workout discipline
    -Total ban on wheat, corn, sugar, seed oils
    Last edited by Diogenes; 01-31-2013 at 03:45 AM.

ssn679doc is online now Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Next thing you know you'll be running Tough Mudders and Spartan Races! Good job!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234