Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Too Young to be Old page 3

Diogenes is offline Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by ssn679doc View Post
    Congrats on the landmark achievements! Keep at it. You have a plan, work the plan and you will get there.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grokalicious View Post
    Sounds like awesome progress! Nicely done and keep on keeping on!
    Hey, you two, thanks for the encouragement!

I'm going to visit my sister in Colorado for the month of December. We haven't had an extended time together for over 20 years, I don't know why I've allowed that to happen. She rarely cooks and I like to cook, so I'm bringing my kitchen essentials and will try to get her started with Paleo. Wish me luck with that, she could stand to lose some weight (okay, a lot). I'm bringing my trusty pullup bar, and she lives at the base of the foothills, so I'll get some hill climbing in--looking forward to that. I hope I can deal with the altitude.

My weight goal for the end of the year is 215 and I'm within 5 lbs, so if I can make that, I'll be one happy camper. It would mark 40 lbs lost since July. I am hoping and praying that I can keep it up and, more importantly, keep the weight off.

Grokalicious is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Diogenes View Post
    My weight goal for the end of the year is 215 and I'm within 5 lbs, so if I can make that, I'll be one happy camper. It would mark 40 lbs lost since July. I am hoping and praying that I can keep it up and, more importantly, keep the weight off.
    I am betting you can and will!!!
    One should always play fairly when one has the winning cards.
    Oscar Wilde

Memento vivere!!!
    Grokalicious

jacmac is offline Senior Member
    [QUOTE=Diogenes;1013776]Somehow, I managed to reach 3 milestones on the same day today.

Wow congrats on your milestones.
    I am about to start with the fitness side of Primal and am considering rejoining a the local gym . Your post has inspired me to start the program. You have achieved a lot in just 3 months. thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Grokalicious View Post
    I am betting you can and will!!!
    Thanks, coach. Maybe I'll post a pic...maybe.

[QUOTE=jacmac;1017918]
    Somehow, I managed to reach 3 milestones on the same day today.

Wow congrats on your milestones.
    I am about to start with the fitness side of Primal and am considering rejoining a the local gym . Your post has inspired me to start the program. You have achieved a lot in just 3 months. thanks!
    That's awesome! Keep us posted. And thanks for the kind words. Primal Eating and Convict Conditioning have worked wonders for me, and it's not like I worked super hard or anything. I've been consistent, but working out for 15 minutes four days a week and eating my fill of food I like has just seemed too easy.

jacmac is offline Senior Member
    keeping you posted may just keep me accountable!
    I am interested in the fact that you spend only 15 mins four days a week to achieve your fitness goals. Is that the recommendation of Convict conditioning? I took a peek at some of the links posted here omn CC and it seems to be very similar to Marks fitness plan . Would you agree?

phigment is offline Senior Member
    Be careful at a higher altitude while exercising. Go slower and be more forgiving if you pewter out quickly. It takes a couple of days for your body to adjust.

Grokalicious is offline Senior Member
    Thanks, coach. Maybe I'll post a pic...maybe.
    Stick to it, pic or no pic!

One should always play fairly when one has the winning cards.
    Oscar Wilde

Memento vivere!!!
    Grokalicious

Quote Originally Posted by jacmac View Post
    keeping you posted may just keep me accountable!
    I am interested in the fact that you spend only 15 mins four days a week to achieve your fitness goals. Is that the recommendation of Convict conditioning? I took a peek at some of the links posted here omn CC and it seems to be very similar to Marks fitness plan . Would you agree?
    Hey jacmac

The CC routine I am using specifies two days per week with two exercises each day. I have expanded that to four days, with one exercise each day because I get impatient with so many days doing nothing. They are easily doable in 15 minutes. For example, today is pushups day, and I am doing them while I read and write on the forum here, so realistically, I am doing three sets of pushups in about three minutes. That's one of the nice things about bodyweight exercises--you can do them anytime, anywhere.

CC and and Primal Fitness are very similar. CC is wider in scope and much more comprehensive. With the training I got from CC, I am able to construct my own progressive exercise plan, tailoring it for my needs, preferences and goals. Primal Fitness does include sprinting, which I think is a very valuable addition.

If you have questions, feel free to ask, or post in the fitness forum. There are many people there able to help you out.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast