Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
Results 51 to 59 of 59

Thread: October's Targeted FAT-BUSTING tips: (leave your tips here) page 6

  1. #51
    qqemokitty's Avatar
    qqemokitty is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    LBC, California
    Posts
    381
    Shop Now
    Late to this party but I am so intrigued by this potato thing!!

    Is it something magical about the potatoes? I don't think Lousia (or myself) would be at a caloric deficit by eating that many potatoes as I don't think either of us go too much higher than 1300 calories.

    So... some potatoey magic is going on? :P I want to try it but my boyfriend is quite convinced I will fall over over. (He shares the same conviction re: me not eating lunch aka IF)

  2. #52
    Louisa655's Avatar
    Louisa655 is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Planet Earth
    Posts
    795
    [QUOTE=qqemokitty;973669]Late to this party but I am so intrigued by this potato thing!!

    Is it something magical about the potatoes? I don't think Lousia (or myself) would be at a caloric deficit by eating that many potatoes as I don't think either of us go too much higher than 1300 calories.

    So... some potatoey magic is going on? :P I want to try it but my boyfriend is quite convinced I will fall over over. (He shares the same conviction re: me not eating lunch aka IF)[/QUOTE

    Qqemokitty: I'm on my first full day of the Potato Project and here's my observations thus far:
    - I ate normal Paleo yesterday, but had full potatoes for dinner. I went to bed hungry after eating <1lb potatoes. I woke up not terribly hungry, and made potato latkis (potato pancakes). Then I walked for 10 miles and was a little hungry, so had anther bowl of mashed potatoes. I'll have another few potatoes for dinner (baked)...and likely go to bed a little hungry. I am feeling the cold more today (I have a sweater on and the fireplace on), however, the temp is down to 1 degree C today, so the climate is getting colder. I do miss my fat, but I'm disciplined to go the full 7 days of this P. Project and see what happens. Looks as though my daily caloric intake is going to be between 600-900 because I'm feeling very FULL on potatoes and I don't care for them all that much. My husband watches this scenario unfold with interest and humour. Here's my before/after pics: Pictures by Lou655 - Photobucket
    ----------------------------------------
    F, 48, 5'10"
    Start Date: 25-06-12 @ 161lbs
    Goal Reached: 30-09-12 @ 143lb. Now bouncing between 145lb - 149lb. I'd like less bounce and more consistency :-)

    Started Cross Fit 20.12.12 ---- Can't wait to submit my success story on the 1st anniversary of starting primal.

  3. #53
    mom5booklover's Avatar
    mom5booklover is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Bozeman, MT
    Posts
    109
    Very intrigued by this whole potato thing. I am thinking about giving it a try for a day or 10..... We'll see how the first day goes. I haven't eaten potatoes for so long (just not a huge fan unless they are fried in terrible oils that I don't know how well I'll do. I have about 10 lbs to lose as well so we'll see. I will weigh in tomorrow and then start some time afternoonish with 2.5 lbs or so.
    F/37yr/5' 5"
    SW: 154 March 2011
    CW: 140 July to Oct 2011
    PB: 145 gained 5lbs in first 4 months March to July 2012
    With a combo of PB and IF-ing 5 days a week (1 x 1200 calorie meal per day) I have lost 15 lbs PB/IF = 130 lbs July 2012 to current
    GW: 120
    Ultimate Goals ar to be: Happy/ Fit/ Energetic/ Feel great/ Balanced/ cure my thyroid and adrenals

  4. #54
    sbhikes's Avatar
    sbhikes is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Santa Barbara
    Posts
    9,334
    I find, now that I've lost the easy weight, that I can spend a couple weeks doing just about anything and then I get hungry and have to change to something else. Nothing ever results in weight loss anymore. I probably lose at about 1/4 lb per month now regardless of what I do. Maybe more like 0.1lb/month.

    I was able to do high fat low carb for a couple weeks. Then I did salads for a couple weeks. I kinda want to try the potatoes but I couldn't bear the teasing I'd get. I did IF every morning for 2 weeks, now I am hungry first thing in the morning. I really want to do mostly meat again, my sort of default place. I kinda miss the meat and I think my fats were getting out of balance with the salads. My feet hurt this morning for no reason, and even my chest and shoulders were popping and snapping doing pushups this morning. Need more/better fat.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    Starting squat: 45lbs. Current squat: 170 x 3. Current Deadlift: 220 x 3

  5. #55
    Drumroll's Avatar
    Drumroll is online now Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    3,860
    Quote Originally Posted by sbhikes View Post
    I find, now that I've lost the easy weight, that I can spend a couple weeks doing just about anything and then I get hungry and have to change to something else. Nothing ever results in weight loss anymore. I probably lose at about 1/4 lb per month now regardless of what I do. Maybe more like 0.1lb/month.

    I was able to do high fat low carb for a couple weeks. Then I did salads for a couple weeks. I kinda want to try the potatoes but I couldn't bear the teasing I'd get. I did IF every morning for 2 weeks, now I am hungry first thing in the morning. I really want to do mostly meat again, my sort of default place. I kinda miss the meat and I think my fats were getting out of balance with the salads. My feet hurt this morning for no reason, and even my chest and shoulders were popping and snapping doing pushups this morning. Need more/better fat.
    When doing the salad thing were you using fatty veggies and/or olive oil, coconut oil, salad dressings with oil? Or was it literally just low-carb veggies in a bowl?

  6. #56
    sbhikes's Avatar
    sbhikes is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Santa Barbara
    Posts
    9,334
    I was doing a big salad of romaine and red leaf lettuce, beets, shredded carrot, tomatoes, peppers, fresh figs, onions, olives, a can of sardines in olive oil or some other meat and my own olive oil and vinegar. Sometimes I just buy a Greek salad on campus and that includes artichoke hearts and a tiny bit of feta cheese (they're really chintzy on the cheese) and to that I'll add the sardines in oil and maybe some chopped up tomatoes and avocados from home. Whatever goodies I've got, basically, and I wouldn't say fresh tomatoes, figs, carrots or beets are particularly low carb.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    Starting squat: 45lbs. Current squat: 170 x 3. Current Deadlift: 220 x 3

  7. #57
    Drumroll's Avatar
    Drumroll is online now Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    3,860
    Quote Originally Posted by sbhikes View Post
    I was doing a big salad of romaine and red leaf lettuce, beets, shredded carrot, tomatoes, peppers, fresh figs, onions, olives, a can of sardines in olive oil or some other meat and my own olive oil and vinegar. Sometimes I just buy a Greek salad on campus and that includes artichoke hearts and a tiny bit of feta cheese (they're really chintzy on the cheese) and to that I'll add the sardines in oil and maybe some chopped up tomatoes and avocados from home. Whatever goodies I've got, basically, and I wouldn't say fresh tomatoes, figs, carrots or beets are particularly low carb.
    If you stuck to low-fat veggies only, I bet you'd hit macros very similar to what is presented in Otzi's potato method. And you micronutrient levels would be a LOT better. Could be a good "hack" to the hack.

    Big ass salads ahoy!

    Though steaming without butter or oil added might work too.

  8. #58
    Daydreamer's Avatar
    Daydreamer is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    France
    Posts
    371
    Are you serious ?

    I don't see how eating only low fat veggies for 10 days is more primal than doing it when you're eating a SAD/CW diet most of the time.

    It's called a crash diet.
    In terms of muscle retention, hormonal health and overall health.
    It's nothing more than that.
    Sure you'll loose weight.

    Don't eat nothing for 10 days and you'll loose weight, guaranteed
    It's not just because you do so "in the name of paleo" that it miraculously becomes right.
    Are you that desperate ?
    Very sad to see this on this community.
    Young self-caring Paleo-eater from France.
    (So please forgive the strange way I tend to express myself in your beautiful language )

  9. #59
    Drumroll's Avatar
    Drumroll is online now Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    3,860
    Quote Originally Posted by Daydreamer View Post
    Are you serious ?

    I don't see how eating only low fat veggies for 10 days is more primal than doing it when you're eating a SAD/CW diet most of the time.

    It's called a crash diet.
    In terms of muscle retention, hormonal health and overall health.
    It's nothing more than that.
    Sure you'll loose weight.

    Don't eat nothing for 10 days and you'll loose weight, guaranteed
    It's not just because you do so "in the name of paleo" that it miraculously becomes right.
    Are you that desperate ?
    Very sad to see this on this community.
    Nobody said I was actually going to do it. Quite the contrary. I have no intention of attempting the potato diet either.

    I was just postitulating and theorizing for my own amusement. If other people do it, then that is on them. I have has great success with irregular fasting and eating a healthy diet of meat and veggies, so I see no reason to change that. All this talk of fat busting is, for me at least, just an activity to amuse my mind for a bit.
    Last edited by Drumroll; 10-09-2012 at 11:41 AM.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •