Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: October's Targeted FAT-BUSTING tips: (leave your tips here) page 4

otzi Guest
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by marcadav View Post
    Would eating raw potatoes give the same results? I love raw potato slices with salt and pepper.
    No idea. Maybe. Surely some raw added during the timeframe would be fine, but all raw-all time?

otzi Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by sbhikes View Post
    Do you have to do it for 10 days? Can you just do it for two or three?
    Try it for 2 days and see. 1 pound of fat loss is hard to see. I also think your gut flora needs about 7 days to get fully in tune with the starch, but try 2 or 3 and let us know. I'm thinking like the cyclical ketogenic diet, but on carb days go 'all-potato'.

gopintos is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by marcadav View Post
    Would eating raw potatoes give the same results? I love raw potato slices with salt and pepper.

found this Raw Potatoes And Weight Loss | LIVESTRONG.COM
    65lbs gone and counting!!

Fat 2 Fit - One Woman's Journey

marcadav is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by gopintos View Post
    Thanks gopintos.
    While I love eating raw potatoes the thought of potato juice is not appealing.

otzi Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by gopintos View Post
    From the article: "They also help to increase the growth of friendly bacteria in the digestive tract, according to Wellsphere. A healthy digestive tract makes it easier for the body to metabolize fat, therefore aiding in overall weight loss, according to Holistic Online."

That's exactly what I was saying!

Read more: Raw Potatoes And Weight Loss | LIVESTRONG.COM

Leida is offline Senior Member
    Thank you for chiming in, Otzi, I was hoping to hear more of your story!!!!

Eat according to your hunger and not for a caloric goal. Typically you will feel full on about half your normal daily calories. If you weigh out 25lbs of potatoes, it will take you about 10 days to eat them. That will be approx 12,000 calories total. It will also be about 272g of fat, 187g of protein, and 2200g of carbs.
    I am very willing to try it, but I just can't see myself full on 3 potatoes a day. I will probably go through that bag in less than a week The good part though is that it is impossible to over-estimate your calories drammatically like with the high fat. Weigh your potatoes in the morning, and you are good.

I am also wondering if that gets my lifts up. I am stuck on low carb now, and been sick, but I will do it if I go back to my normal schedule and don't lose any fat by the end of October. Then it's only UD that remains, lol!
    Last edited by Leida; 10-06-2012 at 05:47 AM.
    My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

Quote Originally Posted by Leida View Post
    Thank you for chiming in, Otzi, I was hoping to hear more of your story!!!!

I am very willing to try it, but I just can't see myself full on 3 potatoes a day. I will probably go through that bag in less than a week The good part though is that it is impossible to over-estimate your calories drammatically like with the high fat. Weigh your potatoes in the morning, and you are good.

I am also wondering if that gets my lifts up. I am stuck on low carb now, and been sick, but I will do it if I go back to my normal schedule and don't lose any fat by the end of October. Then it's only UD that remains, lol!
    Otzi's plan is unlimited tators, right?

As far as lifts, I ate a ton of tators when I was working out, back in the day. As I mentioned, that is mostly all I ate, but sometimes some tuna and sometimes some chicken. I knew nothing about nutrition. And I went to the gym for hours a day (mostly lifting but some cardio, some spotting my buddies, I worked different parts each day) But Squats were my thing. I squatted 300lbs. I had great legs. I dont know if that is alot or a little as I didnt read any books or magazines and this was before the internet, so I didnt have anything to compare it to and it wasnt long after that, baby #4 so I quit going. I wasnt as excited to bench press so that was only 100lbs. But for no longer than I had been at it, I thought those were pretty good numbers but I dont know what is normal or what anyone else was doing.

sbhikes is online now Senior Member
    Yeah, I thought I read somewhere that otzi ate 6 big potatoes at minimum. Maybe if my partner goes away for a weekend I'll try it some day.

As long as there's a request for tips, here is mine. It has had only a tiny bit of success, but I'll take it:

Buy a heart rate monitor. Take 180 - your age. If you are sick or take medication, subtract 5 or 10 depending on how sick you are. That's the maximum heart rate you can have. Now go ride your bike, run, hike or whatever and NEVER exceed that heart rate. It will be very hard. You will run like an old man. Everybody will pass you on the bike path. You will walk super slow up hills. But you will truly understand what "move slowly" really means and you'll have more and better options for effective slow movement. By exercising at this range, it's a little more of a workout than just walking, but not enough to become chronic cardio and result in muscle wasting or increased cortisol. You will feel refreshed and rejuvenated. Every hour you are doing this is an hour your body is using fat for energy and is an hour you aren't eating something.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    Starting squat: 45lbs. Heaviest squat: 180 x 2. Heaviest Deadlift: 230 x 2

Maybe we should have a new Tator Thread, I dont mean to hijack this one, but I am about to burst if I dont tell someone haha. (I guess I need a journal) but I wanted to say that am pretty tickled that I lost another .9 this morning, even before morning business! ha

I am eating some other stuff but keeping my fat to about 35%. Carbs around 38-40%. I have had 3 days that have INCLUDED tators and down 2.9lbs in 3 days. May not be fat, but I didnt have bad stuff I had eaten either, so no wheat bloat, no high sodium, etc. I think I will eat tators today.

PHD dude said "Starches are better for weight loss than sugars, so they’re the best source of carbs."

I also upped my calories yesterday by 300 calories. That made me nervous also but it makes sense to me to zig-zag calories, which I wasnt doing much of before. I was pretty consistently on the low end and I think that was to my detriment also. But I just found that I was full on fat and that kept my calories low. I think More Fat will be great for me when I reach my goal.

otzi Guest
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I'm going to start 14 days of 'nuttin' but tators' today. The last couple times, it went like this: I would eat an average of 2.5 lbs a day. Sometimes 2lbs, sometimes 4lbs, but after it was all over it worked out to 2-1/2 lbs per day. Some days I would eat a potato in the morning, like hashbrowns or homefries, then one or two at lunch, then two for supper and maybe one a little later. Some days I wouldn't eat til lunch--have two or three, then two or three for supper. Just let your hunger guide you.

I think it's OK to put a little onion or bell pepper in there, too. Bell pepper is way high in Vit C. If you dried these, you'd call them 'spices'. Just don't eat 3 onions a day, maybe like 1 all week.

I have 8 potatoes wrapped in tinfoil and oven is warming up!

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast