Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: "Gluten is Poison" Mark Sisson Interview page

otzi Guest

"Gluten is Poison" Mark Sisson Interview

Primal Fuel
    Man says gluten-free lifestyle helps him defy age - Video on NBCNews.com

I was watching Rock Center last night, they had a little 5 minute segment on how silly the gluten-free fad is. They were making fun of people wasting money on gluten free donuts and hotdogs. Then all of a sudden, Mark Sisson pops up, ripped and jogging down the beach. In a little clip of an interview he says "Gluten is absolutely poison" then they cut away. They promised the full interview on their site. All I could find was this little 1 minute clip, a little more than was on the show, but I'll bet he had way more to say than this little 1 minute clip.

Did anybody else see this?

Danielle5690 is offline Senior Member
    I saw where he announced he would be interviewed, but I missed it on TV because I wasn't home. I'm sure he had lots more to say, it'd be a real shame if they cut the whole interview to just that.

otzi Guest
    It was a very sorry 'news piece'. They's show people buying gluten free food, then ask them, "Why are you eating gluten-free?" The people would say, "uhhhh, I dunno...cuz it's like healthy or something". Then a 'scientist' would come on and say it's just a bunch of hype, then Mark comes on and says "Gluten is Poison!" Made him look like a nutjob.

puck4b is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by otzi View Post
    It was a very sorry 'news piece'. They's show people buying gluten free food, then ask them, "Why are you eating gluten-free?" The people would say, "uhhhh, I dunno...cuz it's like healthy or something". Then a 'scientist' would come on and say it's just a bunch of hype, then Mark comes on and says "Gluten is Poison!" Made him look like a nutjob.
    It was horrible coverage. They made it out to be a fad diet/joke that the so-called 'food trend expert' states is already in a downward trend and should peter out in the next year or two and only the folks who have celiac will be the ones that continue to eat gluten free.

Agree they made him look bad - they show him stating grains are poison then they cut to some doctor and the 'reporter' asks him if grains are poison. The Dr. laughs it off and says no.

I was so put off by it and disappointed they kept the topic only at gluten and not expanding it to all grains, but I suppose that topic would be considered muck raking at it's finest and no one wants to hear that.

Bottom line is I know how I feel after 4 1/2 months of not eating grains and fantastic is a one word response I give to people to describe how I feel.

ms sage is offline Member
    They did a disservice to the general public. I do agree eating so called gluten-free processed products will be a passing fad such as the low fat craze. What is not a passing fad is eating whole naturally gluten-free foods such as meat, fruit, veggies, eggs, nuts, seeds, ect.

But now those folks who think us grain-fee people have gone off our rockers will have this news cast for more CW ammo. Gluten free since 1/12. Grain free since 8/12. I feel great! Just got my annual blood labs done and they look great too! Now if I could limit my adult beverages I just might see that 6 pack lol!

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    More and more diseases/illnesses are being discovered to be the result of autoimmune responses in the body... and the #1 cause for autoimmune issues is what? GLUTEN

The "trend" should be getting bigger... not smaller.
    It's too bad that the main stream keeps using it's reductionist 'logic' to say "only people with Celiac disease" need to be concerned... there are many scientists and researchers out there who already know better.

I do agree that GF buns and stuff are a bunch of rubbish though... step away from the grains.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

zoebird is offline Senior Member
    I tell people there's actually a big difference between GF and paleo/primal. Because when I say "paleo" they go "oh, GF" and I'm like "yes, but also no. it's GRAIN FREE, not just gluten." But, if we do eat bread or whatever, we get the GF because it's slighlty less harmful for us.

DCarr10760 is offline Senior Member
    Well all I saw was the posted clip, but I don't think Mark came off looking bad. One look at him and you could tell he's remarkably healthy. Way more so than the interviewer.
    Height: 5' 10"
    Starting Weight: 292
    Starting Primal Weight: 275
    Current weight: 230.5
    Goal weight: 172
    Body Fat 30.5

Iron Fireling is offline Senior Member
    Ugh stuff like this makes me so mad! I know most "gluten free" stuff is rubbish. Most people would do better to just naturally eat foods without gluten (like duh no grains), but of course they can't push THAT because grains are the "staff of life".

Dirlot is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by Barefoot Gentile View Post
    Mark was a professional athlete, his body was always like that but to me for 59 he looks horrible. His skin is dying, he looks about 70. My grandmother is 90, lives on on bread and grains, and her skin looks better than marks. Eating meat and animal fats constantly is the poison.
    OMG - LOL about the worst case of trolling I have ever seen in my life and there have been some very, very bad ones here.
    Eating primal is not a diet, it is a way of life.
    PS
    Don't forget to play!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast