Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 2 months in and still getting hunger pangs? page

JackMcNasty is offline Junior Member

2 months in and still getting hunger pangs?

Hey all,

I've following the paleo/primal lifestyle for 2 months now and I was under the impression that hunger would go away. For me I still get extremely hungry about every 4 hours or so. It's not a big deal really since I just eat when I am hungry and I am losing weight but I was just curious as to why I seem to get the regular need to feed.

Just a little info about me.

Weight: 190
    Body fat: 18% (and dropping)
    Primal %: 95 or more %
    Primal weight lost: 25 lbs
    Total weight lost: 100 lbs
    Training: crossfit junkie

Danielle5690 is offline Senior Member
    Could be just your pattern. I have days like that, and then I have days where I can eat just one or two meals, but most days I'm hungry pretty regularly (I'm very active). Hunger is normal, it's not supposed to "go away". You said you're losing weight and you feel good, so I wouldn't worry about it.

If the need to eat often is bothersome to you, try making your meals a little bigger, or adding a little more fat to them. Otherwise you seem to be doing just fine.

It doesn't worry me really. More just curiosity. I eat big meals but I could add more fat. Mostly protein and veggies now. I'm very active as well and am very happy with my weight loss.

First time in my life I can take my shirt off and be proud of what I see. I love primal life.

Quote Originally Posted by JackMcNasty View Post
    It doesn't worry me really. More just curiosity. I eat big meals but I could add more fat. Mostly protein and veggies now. I'm very active as well and am very happy with my weight loss.

First time in my life I can take my shirt off and be proud of what I see. I love primal life.
    That's awesome! Congratulations on your success.

It could be just a matter of adding a little more fat to your meals. Judging from your weight and that you called yourself a "crossfit junkie", you probably need quite alot of calories anyway.

Here's an example of what I'm saying. If I eat two boiled eggs at 8 am, I'm probably going to be hungry around 11. But if I eat two eggs with a tablespoon of butter and a handful of grated cheese, I can go on that till 1 or 2. You don't have to drink coconut oil or anything, just a little bit more saturated fat makes a big difference in your satiety.

My daily breakfast has been 3-4 eggs fried in bacon grease and 1/4 lb of bacon. Still get hungry 4 hours or less later. It's really odd. Again, I'm ok with it, but I is odd.

Quote Originally Posted by JackMcNasty View Post
    My daily breakfast has been 3-4 eggs fried in bacon grease and 1/4 lb of bacon. Still get hungry 4 hours or less later. It's really odd. Again, I'm ok with it, but I is odd.
    LOL, it's not odd. You just need alot of food.

sbhikes is offline Senior Member
    Cross-fit junkie? You're hungry because you need more food.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    I can squat 180lbs, press 72.5lbs and deadlift 185lbs

Ha..man I've been doing this for almost 4 years and I still get hunger pangs.. yes being in ketosis helps,and cutting out fake foods saved my life,but somedays you're just gonna be hungry/hungrier than normal. but it sounds like you're doing great so I say go with it :]

if you're hungry, eat more. especially if you are a "crossfit junkie." you might need some carbs thrown in there as well.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I eat when I'm hungry. I never starve. Should probably do a food journal cause I could probably benefit from eating more.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast