Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 2 months in and still getting hunger pangs? page 3

Dynamo is offline Member
    Shop Now
    Sorry...this might be a repeat as I didn't read all the replies...

What has helped me with hunger is 2 fold: I don't eat huge meals. I think the shock of filling my belly just triggers my "hunger" response more often than when I simply eat enough to keep hunger aside. Next, I do practice IF. It has become amazingly easy for me although initially I was challenged by it. Good luck to you and congrats on how well you are doing!

not on the rug is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JackMcNasty View Post
    I have been crossfitting for 6 months and paleo for about 2 months but i have made more progress with my workouts in the last month than i ever had in my fitness life prior.

My trainer has been paleo for 4 years and crosfitting for 6. No ill effects.
    so pretty much a newb. which is fine. but don't base your diet and progress on someone else's ideas. you're still losing weight and burning tremendous fat stores. once you lean out a bit more, you may find that a low carb approach will not sustain the amount of exercise that you continue to do. a lot of people here are/were in that boat. personally, i didn't start eating paleo to lose weight. i really didn't have weight to lose. a side effect of ditching grains was the loss of a couple vanity lbs, which was great, but definitely not my goal. anyway, after about a year of low carbing it, my body revolted. i started feeling run down and sluggish, and actually gaining bodyfat. so i switched things around, started cycling my carbs and fat, and i felt like a new person again. those few lbs melted off again, and my energy levels have skyrocketed back to where they were. some people criticize my activity level (weight training, boxing, mountain biking, jogging, kayaking, etc) but i choose to live my life that way. for me, the low carb approach just didn't work anymore.

i would also advise you to check out some of the long term effects of low carb dieting, and make a good decision for yourself. and above all else, listen to your body, and not anyone else.

Rocco Hill is offline Senior Member
    I wholehearted disagree with you on needing starch. I get plenty enough carbs from fruit and veggies. Many people in my box have been living paleo for years and doing crossfit for years with no ill effects.
    I have been crossfitting for 6 months and paleo for about 2 months but i have made more progress with my workouts in the last month than i ever had in my fitness life prior.
    Where did I say to avoid Paleo? Keep doing what you're doing for another 12-18 months, and then tell me that you are thriving on X-Fit with fruit and vegetables. You seem to have misinterpreted Paleo as a diet which allows no starch? I'm not surprised that people do well on X-fit + Paleo, but that is not what I am disputing.

It's an extraordinarily taxing training protocol. You must be eating a helluva alot of fruit to survive that.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123