Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 23

Thread: 2 months in and still getting hunger pangs? page 2

  1. #11
    not on the rug's Avatar
    not on the rug is online now Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    nj
    Posts
    4,085
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    if you eat larger meals, you'll stay fuller for longer. if you eat small meals, you'll need to eat more frequently. that's your call.

    i'm really active, always working out, heavy lifting, biking, boxing, etc, and 3-4 eggs and 4oz of bacon wouldn't do anything for me. maybe twice that. with a sweet potato or a few bananas. now that would be a decent breakfast. and i'd still be hungry 4 hours later

  2. #12
    Rocco Hill's Avatar
    Rocco Hill is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    365
    Quote Originally Posted by JackMcNasty View Post
    Training: crossfit junkie
    Crossfitting on a LC diet....smh

    Carry on like that and it'll hit you bad. If you're a X-fitter you NEED a higher carb intake than some sedentary people. Ask Matt Lalonde. His x-fit on a lc diet did not end too well.

  3. #13
    Rocco Hill's Avatar
    Rocco Hill is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    365
    Quote Originally Posted by not on the rug View Post
    if you eat larger meals, you'll stay fuller for longer. if you eat small meals, you'll need to eat more frequently. that's your call.

    i'm really active, always working out, heavy lifting, biking, boxing, etc, and 3-4 eggs and 4oz of bacon wouldn't do anything for me. maybe twice that. with a sweet potato or a few bananas. now that would be a decent breakfast. and i'd still be hungry 4 hours later
    This. Most of my calories are coming from carbs due to my activity level. Capoeira 3 x p/wk, Gymnastics twice a week(plus some heavy lifts) and hill runs/walking everywhere.

    I was a crossfitter for two yrs, it's taxing as hell. Doing it on a LC diet is madness. And no-one come in here giving that running on fat BS. Heavy exercise, which x-fit is, requires carbs from starch and fruit.

  4. #14
    JackMcNasty's Avatar
    JackMcNasty is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Moncton, New Brunswick
    Posts
    13
    I wholehearted disagree with you on needing starch. I get plenty enough carbs from fruit and veggies. Many people in my box have been living paleo for years and doing crossfit for years with no ill effects.

  5. #15
    not on the rug's Avatar
    not on the rug is online now Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    nj
    Posts
    4,085
    Quote Originally Posted by JackMcNasty View Post
    I wholehearted disagree with you on needing starch. I get plenty enough carbs from fruit and veggies. Many people in my box have been living paleo for years and doing crossfit for years with no ill effects.
    how long have you been doing it for?

  6. #16
    DCarr10760's Avatar
    DCarr10760 is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Connecticut
    Posts
    932
    It's all a matter of perspective. If you're happy with the weight you're at, and you are eating enough, what's wrong with hunger? I'm exploring this in my own weight loss through weekly 48-hour fasts. I don't really feel discomfort anymore (been doing it a month now, I'm currently on my fourth cycle).

    People talk about hunger like it's to be avoided at all costs. Starvation should be, but healthy between meal hunger is only a bad thing if you regard it that way. If you embrace it and consider it a healthy response (which it is), your outlook on it would be different.
    Height: 5' 10"
    Starting Weight: 292
    Starting Primal Weight: 275
    Current weight: 230
    Goal weight: 172
    Body Fat 27.5

  7. #17
    JackMcNasty's Avatar
    JackMcNasty is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Moncton, New Brunswick
    Posts
    13
    Quote Originally Posted by not on the rug View Post
    how long have you been doing it for?
    I have been crossfitting for 6 months and paleo for about 2 months but i have made more progress with my workouts in the last month than i ever had in my fitness life prior.

    My trainer has been paleo for 4 years and crosfitting for 6. No ill effects.

  8. #18
    JackMcNasty's Avatar
    JackMcNasty is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Moncton, New Brunswick
    Posts
    13
    Quote Originally Posted by DCarr10760 View Post
    It's all a matter of perspective. If you're happy with the weight you're at, and you are eating enough, what's wrong with hunger? I'm exploring this in my own weight loss through weekly 48-hour fasts. I don't really feel discomfort anymore (been doing it a month now, I'm currently on my fourth cycle).

    People talk about hunger like it's to be avoided at all costs. Starvation should be, but healthy between meal hunger is only a bad thing if you regard it that way. If you embrace it and consider it a healthy response (which it is), your outlook on it would be different.
    I dont think it is a bad thing, I just dont like the feeling. I eat pretty much just to get rid of it.

  9. #19
    DCarr10760's Avatar
    DCarr10760 is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Connecticut
    Posts
    932
    Well you're certainly not alone. My outlook on it has changed entirely since doing IF and longer fasts. In a strange way I sort of enjoy it, because I know my body is working the way it ought to. I also know where my next meal is coming from so there's really no stress involved. And it's amped up my weight loss (which is good because I have plenty to lose).
    Height: 5' 10"
    Starting Weight: 292
    Starting Primal Weight: 275
    Current weight: 230
    Goal weight: 172
    Body Fat 27.5

  10. #20
    JackMcNasty's Avatar
    JackMcNasty is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Moncton, New Brunswick
    Posts
    13
    I would like to fast but the feeling just gets to me before i can put in any real time. I have a hard enough time just getting from last meal to bed without feeling like my stomach is consuming itself. So annoying.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •