Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Cure for broken heart? page 9

Tod
    Tod is offline Junior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by TheFastCat View Post
    Thank you for the support and advice- it's very nice and very appreciated.

Last Monday she wrote me an email.

I din't respond to this but posted a photo gallery on Facebook of photos of us having fun together this past summer, with a description "@Her while my heart hurts so much right now I will remember our summer together fondly. I wish you always the best; thank you for everything". Just my way of trying to let her know I accepted the situation.

That afternoon I got a text from her:

"I saw your facebook message and your pictures. I think matters of the heart are better left off of Facebook, so I wanted to respond to you personally- my heart hurts too and I will always remember you fondly. It was an epic summer and I hope we can talk again someday"

I didn't respond to that.

I need some help with this though:

I got two texts just now from her:

"Hi TFC - obviously you don't want to talk to me. I get it but I have your belongings and would like to return them to you, how would you like me to do this?"

"Also, I would like to keep it as its very meaningful to me, but understand if you would like the chest back. Let me know."

All she has of mine is a cell phone charger, a button up shirt, some socks. I want her to throw it all away I don't care about it and I don't want to see her again. Seeing her again just to reclaim worthless crap would hurt so much. Beyond that I don't even want to text her back or talk to her ever again. It would cause me a lot of pain.

She has some toiletries at my place that I handed her when she broke with me 8 days ago, but she refused to pick up and take with her. As far as I am concerned she doesn't want them either.

The chest she refers to is a piece of furniture I refurbished for her for her birthday in July as a surprise. You can see before/after pictures of it here: http://sdrv.ms/MYbYFO

I don't want to look at the chest again or even think about it.
    Ask her if she wants to hook up one last time for closure kind of bfwb type deal- releive a little stress !!
    Just my thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by Tod View Post
    Ask her if she wants to hook up one last time for closure kind of bfwb type deal- releive a little stress !!
    Just my thoughts
    I realize I'm in no position to be giving relationship advice, but I'm pretty sure intimate physical contact won't help facilitate emotional separation.

Unless she's really, really hot. Then get it while you can.

smilingjustalittlebit is offline Senior Member
    You won't believe me, but one day in the future, a month or even a year from now, you'll find yourself laughing without thinking about it first. Then you will know you are healing.

Time, it's the only cure. And yes, bacon.
    Do what you love and do it often. If you don't like something, change it. if you don't like your job, quit. If you don't have enough time, stop watching tv. If you are looking for the love of your life, stop, they will be waiting for you when you start doing the things you love. Stop over analyzing, life is simple. When you eat, appreciate every last bite. Some opportunities only come once, seize them.

https://www.facebook.com/ForgedFromFat

patski is offline Senior Member
    I don't know if you consider yourself religious or spiritual in any way...but...

...when I had a horribly broken heart many years ago...I prayed and prayed and prayed and prayed...I read the passage in the Gospel of Luke about not worrying and God will take care of you no matter what. I felt desperately alone and it was the only thing that saved me from a horrible situation. I also read "The Red Book" by Sara Beak and was exactly what I needed at the time. Funny how that works. It is geared towards women, but anyone can read it and benefit, I think.

Just so you know, I'm a recovering Catholic. I do not attend any church of any kind. But I'm kind of a religious/spiritual studies nerd and I've been on a deeply winding path for most of my life.

My heart and thoughts are with you.
    A Post-Primal PrimalPat

Do not allow yourself to become wrapped up in a food 'lifestyle'. That is ego, and you are not that.

patski is offline Senior Member
    Lastly, as others have said:

BLOCK HER. Do NOT text her back. REMOVE her from FB. Contact is the absolute worst for BOTH of you. It's like pouring salt and lemon juice on a fresh wound.

Actually, that's exactly what it is.

Throw yourself into something you enjoy. Or pursue a hobby you've put off for some time. Dive in.
    A Post-Primal PrimalPat

Do not allow yourself to become wrapped up in a food 'lifestyle'. That is ego, and you are not that.

Azure is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Daemonized View Post
    I'll repeat advice given to me once. Dry your eyes on another woman's skirt.
    This. Definitely this.

qqemokitty is offline Senior Member
    I remember a post you made about her recently regarding text misinterpretations, that was you, yes? So sorry to hear that things have not worked out.

For me, the best thing when I am very sad, or feeling sick, or anything is to throw myself completely and entirely into my two favorite things: my job, and World of Wacraft (don't judge me =P). Just focus really hard on your favorite things and that will help you get through this. Try not to be doing nothing, as idleness leads to over thinking.

Westly is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by qqemokitty View Post
    and World of Wacraft (don't judge me =P).
    No judging here, we've all got our things. ((Online text based Role Playing here...!))
    Down from 275 to 250!
    Werewolf Primal Living Blog - http://lycanthropology.com
    Some fact, a lot of fiction! Keep track of my progress there!

Euphoric is offline Senior Member
    OP: Find the time to be alone, and deal with it all. Most of the time when I hear things like this, people are usually emotionally dependent on their partner. If this is the case, I find it best to suggest people spend more time alone (you spend time with those you love, so spend time with yourself!). This will at least lessen the blow to at least some form of insult, rather than a life destroying situation.

Quote Originally Posted by Westly View Post
    No judging here, we've all got our things. ((Online text based Role Playing here...!))
    What forums were made for.

TheFastCat is offline Senior Member
    Sorry for the continued drama...

Got a text today:

"I would very much like to talk to you"

this is after six days of nothing. The last text she sent which I didn't respond to was

"Thanks, TFC that means a lot. I hope you are doing well too. This is all very difficult and I don't want to make anything more difficult. It's hard not talking to you."

WHAT THE FUCK.
    I Haven't reciprocated contact I haven't even initiated it. Here she is initiating it... what am I to think> WHat is natural to think? Is she setting me up to crush my heart again? It isn't fair. I haven't said anything since she broke it off why would she initiate contact to break it again?????

I don't deserve this
    ad astra per aspera

Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast