Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Cure for broken heart? page 6

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by Laconophile View Post
    Oh, the irony. You are projecting your own sex's psychology onto the opposite sex, and you're projecting your projection too.

Actually I didn't...
    I said he should do what he feels comfortable with.
    Either option.
    And reported what I've observed many men do who pursued those options.
    And my reactions from pursuing both options as well.

It's not really a man/woman issue...
    Heartbreak and such are individual personality issues.
    The way to get over it has more to do with the individual than the sexual organs between he legs.

I don't think/act like the typical "normal" female, I simply don't identify that way and never have, so I don't have those experiences.
    *shrug*
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

Wanderlust is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaohinon View Post
    "Fuck bitches/get money/lift weights" really does work as a psychological shield against the longing. And make sure to throw out anything that reminds you of her, and don't just sequester it in a box somewhere, burn it.

Also, booze and violent video games. I recommend Dead Space.

Haha so true. Just add bacon.

"Go For Broke"
    Fat Kine-230/24% @ 6'2"
    Small Kine-168/9%
    Now- 200/8%
    Goal- 210/6%

NZ primal Gwamma is online now Senior Member
    Once upon a time, a guy asked a girl "will you marry me?"
    the girl said - "NO!"
    and the girl lived happily ever after and went shopping, dancing, camping, drank martinis, always had a clean house, never had to cook, had sex with whomever she pleased....did whatever the hell she wanted, never argued, didn't get fat, travelled more, had many boyfriends, saved some money, had all the hot water to herself, never had pubic hairs under the toilet seat lid, watched girlie movies, never had the football on, never wore fricken lacey lingerie that went up your arse, had high self esteem, never cried or yelled, felt and looked good in sweat pants and shirt, and burped, swore and farted all the time !!!!

THE END
    "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

Westly is offline Senior Member
    Hey there!

I'm the cowardly relationship guy from another thread.

My advice is to take the time to focus on you. If there's any bad habits you want to break, do that. If there's anything you've always wanted to try, do that. If you've not spent time with your friends, take a little time to do that too. Have you wanted to build a fire pit? Perfect time.

Host some parties if you're an extrovert, finish up your reading list if you're intro (I'm an extreme introvert...I have a reading list of motivation books...that...I need to get around to reading...hah...) Don't dwell on things if you can help it.
    Down from 275 to 250!
    Werewolf Primal Living Blog - http://lycanthropology.com
    Some fact, a lot of fiction! Keep track of my progress there!

Wanderlust is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NZ primal Gwamma View Post
    Once upon a time, a guy asked a girl "will you marry me?"
    the girl said - "NO!"
    and the girl lived happily ever after and went shopping, dancing, camping, drank martinis, always had a clean house, never had to cook, had sex with whomever she pleased....did whatever the hell she wanted, never argued, didn't get fat, travelled more, had many boyfriends, saved some money, had all the hot water to herself, never had pubic hairs under the toilet seat lid, watched girlie movies, never had the football on, never wore fricken lacey lingerie that went up your arse, had high self esteem, never cried or yelled, felt and looked good in sweat pants and shirt, and burped, swore and farted all the time !!!!

THE END
    Haha well played.
    "Go For Broke"
    Fat Kine-230/24% @ 6'2"
    Small Kine-168/9%
    Now- 200/8%
    Goal- 210/6%

NZ primal Gwamma is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Wanderlust View Post
    Haha well played.
    sorry Wanderlust - totally irrelevent to this thread.... but I just couldn't resist !
    "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

TheFastCat is offline Senior Member
    Thank you for the support and advice- it's very nice and very appreciated.

Last Monday she wrote me an email.

TFC,

I am writing this email because I am truly sorry and I want you to know that. I know that last night was hard for you as it was for me too. I never meant to hurt you nor did I use you and I really want you to know that. When you and I first got together I was so excited and happy because you had so many great qualities that were compatible with me- your sensitivity, thoughtfulness, kindness, sweet nature, not to mention all of the shared experiences we have. It felt right, it felt good. As time went on, I started getting scared a bit because I realized you were way more ready for this relationship than I and I started having crazy feelings. Feelings that left me pushing back a bit. I felt like I needed space and time with my friends and sister, which you happily gave most of the time. I really just don't think I was ready, TFC. As much as I can say this and that and whatever were the cause, I really just think that is what it is. Like you have said in the past, anything can be interpreted a certain way depending on what you are looking for; I was scared.

I sincerely apologize for hurting you, TFC. I tried and it did not work and for that I will not apologize. I had and have true feelings for you and that will always be in my heart. I had no intentions of hurting you, ever. I never used you or meant to make you feel that way. I thought I was ready and thought my crazy feelings would go away. They didn't and frankly, just got crazier as our relationship went on. It is pretty clear to me now that I cannot move on from my past in my current state. I know you love me and I hold that very close and dear. I have never been loved by a man the way you loved me, never. Thank you for everything, the way you treated me, cared for me, tried for me…all of that is not unrecognized or forgotten. It was real. I hope someday you can forgive me and I hope you don't feel resentful of our time together. I treasure it.

Please reach out if you feel inclined, but don't feel obligated as I know this is probably difficult.

Love,

Her
    I din't respond to this but posted a photo gallery on Facebook of photos of us having fun together this past summer, with a description "@Her while my heart hurts so much right now I will remember our summer together fondly. I wish you always the best; thank you for everything". Just my way of trying to let her know I accepted the situation.

That afternoon I got a text from her:

"I saw your facebook message and your pictures. I think matters of the heart are better left off of Facebook, so I wanted to respond to you personally- my heart hurts too and I will always remember you fondly. It was an epic summer and I hope we can talk again someday"

I didn't respond to that.

I need some help with this though:

I got two texts just now from her:

"Hi TFC - obviously you don't want to talk to me. I get it but I have your belongings and would like to return them to you, how would you like me to do this?"

"Also, I would like to keep it as its very meaningful to me, but understand if you would like the chest back. Let me know."

All she has of mine is a cell phone charger, a button up shirt, some socks. I want her to throw it all away I don't care about it and I don't want to see her again. Seeing her again just to reclaim worthless crap would hurt so much. Beyond that I don't even want to text her back or talk to her ever again. It would cause me a lot of pain.

She has some toiletries at my place that I handed her when she broke with me 8 days ago, but she refused to pick up and take with her. As far as I am concerned she doesn't want them either.

The chest she refers to is a piece of furniture I refurbished for her for her birthday in July as a surprise. You can see before/after pictures of it here: http://sdrv.ms/MYbYFO

I don't want to look at the chest again or even think about it.
    ad astra per aspera

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    If you truly don't wish to speak to her again block her number from your phone and block her from FB and be done with it.

You can have whatever pictures you want posted and she can't see them anymore.
    And she can't text you annoying messages about meeting you to exchange meaningless socks.

Peace man.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

kenn is offline Senior Member
    She's crazy, you're better off. Steer the fk clear of that oncoming trainwreck.

PS: sell or destroy the chest she doesn't deserve it.
    Starting Date: Dec 18, 2010
    Starting Weight: 294 pounds
    Current Weight: 235 pounds
    Goal Weight: 195 pounds

I wanted to response to you personally...she says in a text message.

I would text her one last time to tell her to throw your stuff away and that her stuff will be outside the door if she wants them.

TFC, congratulations on your quality of life improvements. I'm sorry that it hurts so much, though.
    If I just said LOL, I lied. Do or do not. There is no try.

Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast