Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Cure for broken heart? page 11

magnolia1973 is online now Senior Member
    Shop Now
    By the way, my husband had an affair with a younger woman. The texts, emails and facebook BS went on for a good 12 months. He never replied and was open with me about her contacting him. She also contacted me through facebook. A lot of it was drunk bullshit, guilt trips, manipulation. He finally blocked her on Facebook.

Just, uhhh, be prepared.

Ellie_Miller is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TheFastCat View Post
    Sorry for the continued drama...

Got a text today:

"I would very much like to talk to you"

this is after six days of nothing. The last text she sent which I didn't respond to was

"Thanks, TFC that means a lot. I hope you are doing well too. This is all very difficult and I don't want to make anything more difficult. It's hard not talking to you."

WHAT THE FUCK.
    I Haven't reciprocated contact I haven't even initiated it. Here she is initiating it... what am I to think> WHat is natural to think? Is she setting me up to crush my heart again? It isn't fair. I haven't said anything since she broke it off why would she initiate contact to break it again?????

I don't deserve this
    Hi, I've been reading most of your posts and I feel your pain. I, too am going through a similar situation. My ex tried to contact me this way too. All I can say is keep your distance and just don't talk to them. I can respect that it can be hard for the person doing the heart breaking as well. So this can be quite confusing for the person (you) with the broken heart. I found myself asking, "are they interested in me again? does he want me back?". But in the end, he didn't. But seriously, don't contact them. You need the distance to heal.

Oh and by the way, I found some really helpful advice/insight from this thread to help me through my own pain. So thank you.
    Last edited by Ellie_Miller; 10-15-2012 at 07:21 AM.

katemary is offline Senior Member
    How long were you together and what age (ish) are you both?

Magnolia - wow, that's awful. So when she couldn't get his attention she lashed out to tell you? That must have been hard to hear about the affair, but did her carry on make it easier to side with him when she contacted you? ouch.

Damonner is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Daemonized View Post
    I'll repeat advice given to me once. Dry your eyes on another woman's skirt.
    This one is the best idea to cure the unseen wounds and you will really feel delighted after a week and don't ever emotionally attached to any one just enjoy them and ******.

Legbiter is offline Senior Member
    Bacon. Eat more bacon.

Warmbear is offline Senior Member
    I took her face with me to archery, imagined it on the target and shot her eyes out. Best shooting I have done in years. It was cathartic and really made me feel better without actually hurting anyone, poisoning myself with chemicals or waking up hungover next to a woman you dont remember who got pregnant from that one time and haunts your life with child support and hatred, again.....

Cut them off, cut them out, get out of your home and see other people on the street, walk and live well knowing she could have had this as well but was too stupid to see the possibilities and laugh out loud suddenly about it.

Random sex is not a solution though it feels good at the moment and hurting her for real in many various ways is just bad Karma that will bite you in the ass when you dont need it.
    Primal since April 2012 Male 6' 3" SW 345lbs CW 240lbs GW 220lbs and when I get there I am getting a utlikilt. This one http://www.utilikilts.com/company/pr...ilts/workmans/ actually.

Join me at www.paleoplanet.net, where all the cavemen hang out.

Damiana is offline Senior Member
    Going through a heartbreak of my own right now, and I'm hoping, like you, to find the strength to cut it off completely. I deserve better.
    F 28/5'4/100 lbs

"I'm not a psychopath, I'm a high-functioning sociopath; do your research."

Sora is offline Member
    I don't have any advice to give, but I offer hugs! /HUG

Music has always had sway over my emotional and mental state. Maybe it might have some power to help you? Here's one that makes me feel rather optimistic:

magnolia1973 is online now Senior Member
    Magnolia - wow, that's awful. So when she couldn't get his attention she lashed out to tell you? That must have been hard to hear about the affair, but did her carry on make it easier to side with him when she contacted you? ouch.
    Yeah, she was pretty bizarre. Her crazy actually made my husband really appreciate me. She had a meltdown at my house.

The affair was maybe a 3-4 month thing. He claims it was just about sex, and I believe that he did not lead her on about there being potential for more. I think for me, my initial reaction was insecurity (no one mid 30's wants to compete with a gal younger than 21). But then I saw how she acted and was like, hell.... if he leaves me for her, he's a fucking idiot and deserves misery.

He was kind of broadsided by the crazy and it made it very easy to look beyond the nice body and apparently crazy sex. He actually got the whole "pregnancy" scare from her even. She was a piece of work.

To the OP, I hope that your ex does not harass you. However, if she does it will hopefully remind you of the bullet you dodged.

http://maggiesfeast.wordpress.com/
    Check out my blog. Hope to share lots of great recipes and ideas!

katemary is offline Senior Member
    Magnolia - Wow. No, no one in their 30s wants to compete with a young un! Glad she unstuck herself. Must have been very tough for you, glad you worked through it ok, and beyond the instinctive response.

TFC - hope you are feeling better and getting stronger about it each day.

Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast