Thread: Whether you are fit or not you still get Acne? Do You Agree? page

m051012 is offline Junior Member

Exclamation Whether you are fit or not you still get Acne? Do You Agree?

Shop Now
    Fit or not you still get Acne? Agree or Not?

Well how is it that no matter how much you run and how regular you train Acne still develops?

BeatlesFan is offline Member
    Having suffered from acne for 9 years and counting I will chime in here. Going primal and getting regular exercise has changed my life in so many ways. I am more energetic and feel great all the time. My acne has gone away... HA!!! That last one is a lie. People who are really heavy into promoting primal I'm sure will tell you that it will help clear up your acne. Unfortunately that is just not true. There is more or less NOTHING you can do about your acne except learn to not give a chit. It definitely is frusturating to practice perfect hygeine and still have acne though. The thing for me is that acne actually motivates me more to work out because it is something i CAN control. When I look at my body I see 3 things I want to change: the belly fat, lack of muscle, and acne. I can't do jack chit about the acne, but I can certainly change the first 2. That for me is extremely empowering. I have basically become obessesed with transforming my body and it is so damn rewarding.

Knifegill is online now Senior Member
    I had giant boils and acne all over, and Primal did fix it entirely. But mine was clearly food-related. If I eat vegetable oil of any kind, it's "hello boils" again. Other types of acne might not respond so well.

Turquoisepassion:
    Knifegill is christened to be high carb now!
    notontherug:
    the buttstuff...never interested.
    He gives me Lamprey Kisses in the midnight sea
    Flubby tubby gums latching onto me
    For all that I've done wrong, I mastodon something right...

My pony picture thread http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread82786.html

lissee is offline Senior Member
    My acne has cleared up about 95% of the time.

I get acne when I eat wheat.

I get acne when I eat potatoes.

I've been getting acne since I started dry brushing (to promote lymph movement and toxin removal) 3 1/2 weeks ago. From what I've read, this is a normal thing as the body is trying to get rid of toxins.

Acne happens for myriads of reasons. I've found for me, it's directly correlated to what I'm eating.

lotusberries is online now Senior Member
    It cleared up my acne as well. If I eat wheat or sugar it comes back, but it has nothing to do with exercise.

Sigi is offline Senior Member
    Acne has absolutely nothing to do with how fit you are. NOTHING. It's a complex, hormone and/or food related problem, not exercise related.
    I have the simplest tastes. I am always satisfied with the best.

Oscar Wilde

Misabi is offline Senior Member
    My dad has had acne all his life, that is until he gave primal a go to help with his IBS.
    All of a sudden his acne vanished! He's in his 60's by the way, and he has breakouts when he falls off of the wagon.

My DH didn't believe in eating primal for everyone, just those who need to to treat it issues (after seeing how it helped both my dad and I), until he stopped eating bread etc. for a couple of weeks. Once again, his ongoing breakouts essentially stopped and get worse again within hours of eating bread.

N=1 it may work for you, it may not. But that doesn't mean that it won't work for anyone else.
    If you're interested in my (very) occasional updates on how I'm working out and what I'm eating click here.

Quote Originally Posted by tfarny View Post
    If you are new to the PB - please ignore ALL of this stuff, until you've read the book, or at least http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-blueprint-101/ and this (personal fave): http://www.archevore.com/get-started/

Iron Fireling is offline Senior Member
    I think acne has a lot to do with diet and absolutely nothing to do with fitness! Unfortunately, primal hasn't yet cleared up my acne, but I figure that's cause I'm still eating something that bothers my skin... just haven't figured out WHAT yet?! (Possibly dairy? Although I hope I can keep consuming butter...I may have to try doing without all other dairy for awhile).

(And yeah, I'm 39 not a hormonal teenager...).