Thread: Homemade icetea? Good or not? page

Anas is offline Junior Member

Smile Homemade icetea? Good or not?

Shop Now
    Hi,
    I am new to Paleo.

What is your take on making homemade icetea and drinking it dailey instead of artfical juices from supermarkets?

I generally dont drink fuzzy drinks, but i used to consume a fair amount of juices, so the icetea that I make myself from loose teas now works for me as a good substitute, howeever I dont know if this is a good way to go? I drink daily up to one liter, plus a glass or two of fresh juices. I would really appreciate some additional expert advice.

Thank you

A.

Read more: Health Benefits of Tea | Mark's Daily Apple

Primal123 is offline Senior Member
    Are you talking just tea and water or tea, water, sweetener? tea is fine tea with sweetener not so much. Maybe a smidge of water extracted stevia.

Quote Originally Posted by Primal123 View Post
    Are you talking just tea and water or tea, water, sweetener? tea is fine tea with sweetener not so much. Maybe a smidge of water extracted stevia.
    I dont use any sweetner. Sometime i use half of teaspoon of honey. I use herbal and fruit loose tea, not black. i drink 1 litre or more per day and am not sure if this is ok because of coffein?

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Anas View Post
    I dont use any sweetner. Sometime i use half of teaspoon of honey. I use herbal and fruit loose tea, not black. i drink 1 litre or more per day and am not sure if this is ok because of coffein?
    True. Go easy on the caffeine. It's good that you are not drinking the black stuff. In addition to the herbals you might want to check out Rooibos Tea. It makes a great iced tea or it is good hot in the winter. Zero caffeine and great nutritional value too.

Thank you for the tip!

trapperjohnme is offline Senior Member
    green tea is great. I make a gallon at a time and it only takes less than five minutes. get a glass "sun tea" jar, 1 gallon, with a screw on lid and a spigot. I fill it with water, drape 10 teabags over the side, screw the lid on and then place ont eh top shelf of the fridge. it steeps itself. whenever i wants some I jsut get a glass and open the spigot.