Thread: New here - longish post with questions

Threaded View

New here - longish post with questions

Hi Guys,

Sorry in advance for the long post!

I am very new to the Primal Blueprint and primal eating in general. I practice several martial arts and train approximately 5 to 6 days a week when I'm not injured - currently I am injured.

Over the last few years I have eaten 'clean' and bulked up but then laziness, injuries and life in general have got in the way at different points and things have started to slide. I haven't been able to train properly for the last 7 months or so and as a result I've piled on the weight.

I am 36 years old (male) 5 ft 10 inches and I currently weight 92kg (203lbs)

I compete in BJJ and fight in the under 88kg category, ideally I would like to weight 85kg so that I don't have to cut weight before each tournament. My longer term goals would be to get down to about 80 - 82KG and give myself a chance to fight in the lower weight bracket.

I am just now returning to light training and I have a competition in January that I am aiming to compete in. I'd like to have lost most of the weight by then if possible, but if I realise this may not be the case and I may have to roll with the big boys while I continue to lose weight!

So after reading everything I could on this site I decided to try the Primal approach as it is quite similar to the eating patterns I have followed to cut weight in the past (albeit with a lot more fat). I have worked out some macros etc on fitday with a view to consuming between 2000 and 2300 calories per day, however I am not sure if I am getting everything I should be getting to eat 'proper primal'. I tried to stick to 100g of carbs (a little more as my training intensity will be ramping up) 50% of cals from fat and the rest protein but I just don't seem to be eating enough vegetables and etc.

I supplement with a multi vit and omega 3 capsules.

I was wondering if anyone could cast an eye over this and give me more informed view. Are my macros correct, ma I getting what I should be - should I forget about macros or calories and simplify? Any other idea/corrections/observations?

I apologise if this is the wrong place and, again, for the length of this post. Many thanks in advance for any advice you can offer!

Here is what I have come up with:
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by tokyorose; 10-05-2012 at 07:45 AM.