Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: My Dr is a moron

Hybrid View

My Dr is a moron

My wife was recently diagnosed with high cholesterol and pre- diabetes. Today her Dr gave her a pamphlet on food guidelines. Here are some of the foods to avoid; bacon, butter, coconut and coconut oil, avocados, nuts, fatty meats , egg yolks, whole milk. Here are the list of acceptable foods. Egg substitute (because I'm sure Grok found little cartons of egg beaters in the wild), soft margarine, vegetable oil, high fiber grains like oats and whole wheat and fat free milk. Thus proving once and for all that my Dr is an absolute moron. I'll bet she would recommend a carton of cigarettes to a patient with lung cancer. When is the medical community going to get with the program

Margarine? MARGARINE?????

Quote Originally Posted by Moll View Post
    Yeah, even my doctor said no to margarine! And she is definitely an effing moron!

Quote Originally Posted by Moll View Post
    Bloody margarine !!!! We have this grok versus korg thing going on in my house - and I just found a margarine pottle in the fridge full of mould !!!!! and someone has been eating it !!!!!!!!
    SAD
    "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

Quote Originally Posted by NZ primal Gwamma View Post
    Bloody margarine !!!! We have this grok versus korg thing going on in my house - and I just found a margarine pottle in the fridge full of mould !!!!! and someone has been eating it !!!!!!!!
    SAD
    I was unaware that plastic could mold

Quote Originally Posted by FossTheBoss12 View Post
    Me too! I wonder how long that was hidden in your fridge?

I'm also wondering how old and outdated that info was that the Dr. gave the OP's wife.

Quote Originally Posted by FossTheBoss12 View Post
    I totally agree. I thought that it was too processed to mould - however maybe the little add-ons, that people seem to have a habit of leaving in the margariene pottle created said mould ?????

PS add-ons are the wee jam or p-nut butter extras left behind !!!!!!

"Today I made my wife eggs and bacon for breakfast. My goal is to have eat every thing on the list of foods to avoid and when she goes back in 6 months and her cholesterol is down I want to be there when she tells them what she ate"

Drmike, I can't wait for this to play out !!!!

Ok people - how does one multi quote ???????
    "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

Quote Originally Posted by PrimalMama View Post
    .... so how is margarine "low fat" in any way (unless you have "low fat" margarine)?
    That's probably what my mom had in her fridge the last time I was over there. I was too afraid to look at the actual ingerdients, but it was a very large tub and it prodly proclaimed it was "Gluten Free!"

My butter doesn't feel the need to say that.

Quote Originally Posted by NZ primal Gwamma View Post
    Ok people - how does one multi quote ???????
    Find all of the posts that you want to quote, then click on the button to the right of the "Reply With Quote" button for each one. When you get to the last one, click on that far right button one last time, and then click on "Reply With Quote".
    My sorely neglected blog - http://ThatWriterBroad.com

I think the idea that policy only changes with death is quite true in these instances. Gonna take quite a few more deaths of the "leaders" that headed the whole low fat fake food craze before real reform can take hold in the medical or political (as if you could separate em) arena.

Conventional wisdom at its finest.