Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: My Dr is a moron page 3

awm8604 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sabine View Post
    It is a little known fact that the small eggbeaters cartons have only been developed in recent years by selective breeding. The original species was of the quart size, with rare occurrences of the half-gallon, mostly in central Canada.
    Ha! Well done.

Drmike is offline Member
    Today I made my wife eggs and bacon for breakfast. My goal is to have eat every thing on the list of foods to avoid and when she goes back in 6 months and her cholesterol is down I want to be there when she tells them what she ate

NZ primal Gwamma is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by FossTheBoss12 View Post
    I was unaware that plastic could mold
    I totally agree. I thought that it was too processed to mould - however maybe the little add-ons, that people seem to have a habit of leaving in the margariene pottle created said mould ?????

PS add-ons are the wee jam or p-nut butter extras left behind !!!!!!

"Today I made my wife eggs and bacon for breakfast. My goal is to have eat every thing on the list of foods to avoid and when she goes back in 6 months and her cholesterol is down I want to be there when she tells them what she ate"

Drmike, I can't wait for this to play out !!!!

Ok people - how does one multi quote ???????
    "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

RitaRose is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by PrimalMama View Post
    .... so how is margarine "low fat" in any way (unless you have "low fat" margarine)?
    That's probably what my mom had in her fridge the last time I was over there. I was too afraid to look at the actual ingerdients, but it was a very large tub and it prodly proclaimed it was "Gluten Free!"

My butter doesn't feel the need to say that.

Quote Originally Posted by NZ primal Gwamma View Post
    Ok people - how does one multi quote ???????
    Find all of the posts that you want to quote, then click on the button to the right of the "Reply With Quote" button for each one. When you get to the last one, click on that far right button one last time, and then click on "Reply With Quote".
    My sorely neglected blog - http://ThatWriterBroad.com

john_e_turner_ii is offline Senior Member
    Actually, doctors have no choice but to recommend what the medical standard is for a healthy diet. My doctor is an excellent doctor, and he has been open to my choice in diet and lifestyle. However, he still tells me that based on my cholesterol numbers, he must recommend statins, even though he and I both know I won't take them.

Kingofturtles is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Drmike View Post
    Today I made my wife eggs and bacon for breakfast. My goal is to have eat every thing on the list of foods to avoid and when she goes back in 6 months and her cholesterol is down I want to be there when she tells them what she ate
    Those foods won't lower her cholesterol. It will most likely raise it. Primal isn't about lowering cholesterol, it's about (to a certain extent) realizing cholesterol is a good thing.
    Also, I don't remember exact stats but, the amount of cholesterol your body actualy absorbs from food is very little

Scott F is offline Senior Member
    An employee of mine went to his surgeon yesterday and laying on the table were photo copies of the Paleo Diet for the taking. I think it was from Men's Health
    Would I be putting a grain-feed cow on a fad diet if I took it out of the feedlot and put it on pasture eating the grass nature intended?

Scott F is offline Senior Member
    I talked to a nurse practitioner this week and she wanted my MD links related to the Paleo diet
    Would I be putting a grain-feed cow on a fad diet if I took it out of the feedlot and put it on pasture eating the grass nature intended?

zoebird is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Drumroll View Post
    Because thinking of two DIFFERENT meals and/or actually cooking is too much to ask?
    no, because we like to have pizza too.

it's likely that at the bowling alley, I'll be able to have a salad w/meat because that's easy enough (it's a fairly diverse menu), and then the second night with pizza is the only good pizza in NZ, so we'll go ahead and eat it.

I actually miss pizza. Before I was primal, I ate pizza about once a quarter -- usually wood burning oven baked stuff. Tasty! When we moved to NZ, it was *tragic* how bad the pizza is here. It's TERRIBLE. it's worse than the mexican food, and that's not great. WHAT IS UP WITH KIWIS AND SWEET? yuck.

Anyway, this one place is owned by italians who moved here from napoli, so it tastes really good and authentic. Seeing as I haven't had it in over 1.5 years (we had it to celebrate my friend's return to the US -- so his going away party, his choice), I see no harm in having it.

zoebird is offline Senior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    Quote Originally Posted by john_e_turner_ii View Post
    Actually, doctors have no choice but to recommend what the medical standard is for a healthy diet. My doctor is an excellent doctor, and he has been open to my choice in diet and lifestyle. However, he still tells me that based on my cholesterol numbers, he must recommend statins, even though he and I both know I won't take them.
    How is it that they have no choice?

My doctor was an allopathic doctor who prescribed homeopathy and herbalism as his first port of call, and also would offer diet/nutritional protocols in lieu of medication.

I didn't notice that he was ever under any obligation from anyone to give a "party line."

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast