Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: My Dr is a moron page 2

NZ primal Gwamma is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by Moll View Post
    Margarine? MARGARINE?????
    Bloody margarine !!!! We have this grok versus korg thing going on in my house - and I just found a margarine pottle in the fridge full of mould !!!!! and someone has been eating it !!!!!!!!
    SAD
    "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

zoebird is offline Senior Member
    eating moldy margarine is just. . . bizarre.

anyway, we go through this with the old ILs. we explained to them over a decade ago the science around butter vs margarine, but they still buy shit-loads of margarine because "it's good for baking and makes things low fat!" and MIL bakes a lot for church events (and then, of course, eats these things), and then "it's easier to spread on bread." So, they only eat it when they eat baked goods or on breads. *face palm* which means they rarely eat butter but will "sometimes" cook with it.

Now that we do our IF thing (and we're planning on continuing for the next three months -- so when they are here -- they'll be brekkie on their own, and we'll probably get the cereal/milk and instant oatmeal and whatever bread and margarine or something (or those olive oil spreads), and then we'll do lunch/dinner with them -- primal with whatever additions they want (probably rolls/bread with margarine).

But, DS wants to do pizza twice with them: first at bowling, and then second at their place for dinner (or our place for dinner). So, we will be breaking our primal twice on holiday. And, we'll probably do a pav on christmas day.

Drumroll is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by zoebird View Post
    But, DS wants to do pizza twice with them: first at bowling, and then second at their place for dinner (or our place for dinner). So, we will be breaking our primal twice on holiday. And, we'll probably do a pav on christmas day.
    Because thinking of two DIFFERENT meals and/or actually cooking is too much to ask?

NZ primal Gwamma is offline Senior Member
    nah Zoebird - you so don't have to eat pizza. Organise a BAS and some meat on that night....... Gwamma said just do it ! And you so need to do what Gwamma says !!! ok....good
    "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

Iron Fireling is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jkr View Post
    Why is this moron still your doctor then? It's common knowledge that margarine is bad for you, even to regular M.D's. If this doc can't even bother to follow that research, it's time to find a new doctor.
    Is it though? Most people know that the old margarine made with trans fats is bad for you, but the "new" margarine is all natural made with healthy vegetable oils and able to lower your cholesterol!! (At least, this is how it's being portrayed ). I think a lot of people are still under the sad delusion that it's "good" for you.

PrimalMama is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by zoebird View Post
    ewe explained to them over a decade ago the science around butter vs margarine, but they still buy shit-loads of margarine because "it's good for baking and makes things low fat!"
    this... I don't understand this.... Fat is fat... margarine is still fat! Margarine has just as many calories per TB as butter.... so how is margarine "low fat" in any way (unless you have "low fat" margarine)?

OP... if you really feel you need the assistance of a medical professional, you might want to get a second opinion, find a doc that understands nutrition... 'cause the list of "do not eat" has a lot of things that are known as "healthy fats" even to CW peeps!
    (and people wonder why I don't trust doctors...)

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Drmike View Post
    Egg substitute (because I'm sure Grok found little cartons of egg beaters in the wild)
    It is a little known fact that the small eggbeaters cartons have only been developed in recent years by selective breeding. The original species was of the quart size, with rare occurrences of the half-gallon, mostly in central Canada.

PHaselow is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Drmike View Post
    My wife was recently diagnosed with high cholesterol and pre- diabetes. Today her Dr gave her a pamphlet on food guidelines. Here are some of the foods to avoid; bacon, butter, coconut and coconut oil, avocados, nuts, fatty meats , egg yolks, whole milk. Here are the list of acceptable foods. Egg substitute (because I'm sure Grok found little cartons of egg beaters in the wild), soft margarine, vegetable oil, high fiber grains like oats and whole wheat and fat free milk. Thus proving once and for all that my Dr is an absolute moron. I'll bet she would recommend a carton of cigarettes to a patient with lung cancer. When is the medical community going to get with the program
    And is your wife going to follow his recommendations?

Age 48
    Start date: 7-5-12
    5'3"
    121lbs
    GOAL: to live to be a healthy and active 100

"In health there is freedom. Health is the first of all liberties."
    Henri Frederic Amiel

Fossman is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NZ primal Gwamma View Post
    Bloody margarine !!!! We have this grok versus korg thing going on in my house - and I just found a margarine pottle in the fridge full of mould !!!!! and someone has been eating it !!!!!!!!
    SAD
    I was unaware that plastic could mold

AuroraB is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by FossTheBoss12 View Post
    I was unaware that plastic could mold
    Me too! I wonder how long that was hidden in your fridge?

I'm also wondering how old and outdated that info was that the Dr. gave the OP's wife.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast