Thread: Training for the Warrior Dash page

Training for the Warrior Dash

Shop Now
    Does anyone have any advice for how to properly train for the warrior dash? Ideally I would like to take off around 30 lbs before July but gain muscle mass at the same time.

jfreaksho is offline Senior Member
    Eat primally.
    Walk a lot.
    Lift heavy.
    Sprint occasionally.

Not to be a smartass, but what are you looking for? There's a whole book about how to get healthy and fit, and this site is based on that book. Is there anything in the book that you feel isn't appropriate for the goal that you have? Why do you think that general fitness, given your current starting point, is not enough to meet your goal?

Your question is really vague- What do you want from us!??!

Diana Renata is offline Senior Member
    FWIW, I did Warrior Dash this year without hardly training. The only 2 things I had trouble with were climbing the walls. Everything else I survived just fine. Trust me, I'm definitely NOT an athlete.

If you want to do more than just finish, I would suggest you go in the 1st or 2nd heat, otherwise you're apt to get bottlenecked behind a bunch of people at the obstacles. Just something to keep in mind.

jkr
    jkr is offline Senior Member
    Warrior Dash has participants of all athletic abilities so don't worry about it unless you're shooting for a fast time instead of just completion. Sprints and climbing all over playground equipment/rock climbing with get you there.

fat belly frog is offline Senior Member
    Sign up for Daily WOD from here. Pretty similar coarse, note you might have to scale down workouts at the beginning to match your current level of fitness. I wish I could do 1/4 of the workouts....

Spartan WOD for Friday, 10.5.12 | SPARTAN RACE
    "Times fun when you are having Flies" Kermit the frog

zoebird is offline Senior Member
    I'm gearing up for a tough mudder using a combination of parkour (in urban and bush/woodsy environments) and yoga (which I do anyway). plus running/jogging.

m051012 is offline Junior Member
    Take things easy. Do not rush into your training. Do not make it a rule to lose 30Lbs. What will you do if you do not lose this much weight?

Train as much as you want to but make sure you do some training everyday.
    Last edited by m051012; 10-05-2012 at 04:13 AM.

Coach Palfrey is offline Senior Member
    I recently wrote a piece on Tough Mudder training for Outdoor Fitness Magazine here in the UK, some details here:

Sandbag Fitness: Sandbag Training For Tough Mudder