Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Vitamin D supplement page 3

Karyn is offline Junior Member
    Primal Fuel
    My vitamin D level was only 14. I was taking 2K units daily and it only went up to 20. Now my doctor prescibed 50K units once a week. I get retested next month I hopefully it will be near 35. I know doctors that precribe 5K a day to treat low levels but you can take 10K, supposedly, without any side effects.

megalodon is offline Senior Member
    I recommend "Natures Answer" vitamin D3 drops. 2 small drops taken daily provide 8000 iu's.I have not had a cold,cough,sniffle etc
    since starting supplementing about 31 months ago.
    They are available on Amazon.

kot
    kot is offline Member
    +1 for Green Pasture's Fermented Cod's Liver Oil and High Vitamin Butter Oil combo. It provides the A and k2 needed to balance Vit D
    I take 1/2 tsp daily along with a 1 tbls of coconut oil. melt/swish in mouth while coffee brews. wash down with coffee

Kookie is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by megalodon View Post
    I recommend "Natures Answer" vitamin D3 drops. 2 small drops taken daily provide 8000 iu's.I have not had a cold,cough,sniffle etc
    since starting supplementing about 31 months ago.
    They are available on Amazon.
    I'd like to buy some vitD supplements too, these look good, I like the fact that they tell you the ingredients:

"Product Description
    Natureā??s Answer Vitamin D-3 offers the preferred Vitamin D form of Vitamin D-3 in pure golden extra virgin olive oil. Vitamin D-3 is delivered in a highly absorbable liquid form with no fillers or tableting agents typically found in other brands. This product is free of salt, wheat, corn, soy, yeast, sugar, milk and preservatives. Please visit Natural Herbal Supplements, Vitamin and Nutritional Supplements | Nature's Answer for more info."

Are most vitD supplements made from olive oil? And does anyone know how much olive oil you would need to consume to get the same dose, in this case, one drop = 4000ui's.
    Apologies in advance if this has been covered before.

AuroraB is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Kookie View Post
    I'd like to buy some vitD supplements too, these look good, I like the fact that they tell you the ingredients:

"Product Description
    Natureā??s Answer Vitamin D-3 offers the preferred Vitamin D form of Vitamin D-3 in pure golden extra virgin olive oil. Vitamin D-3 is delivered in a highly absorbable liquid form with no fillers or tableting agents typically found in other brands. This product is free of salt, wheat, corn, soy, yeast, sugar, milk and preservatives. Please visit Natural Herbal Supplements, Vitamin and Nutritional Supplements | Nature's Answer for more info."

Are most vitD supplements made from olive oil? And does anyone know how much olive oil you would need to consume to get the same dose, in this case, one drop = 4000ui's.
    Not all vit D3 supps have to be made with olive oil. I get the sublingual kind. Actually they are microlingual. They disolve under your tongue in seconds. Very handy for kids (and people who can't swallow pills).

Kookie is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by AuroraB View Post
    Not all vit D3 supps have to be made with olive oil. I get the sublingual kind. Actually they are microlingual. They disolve under your tongue in seconds. Very handy for kids (and people who can't swallow pills).
    They sound good. I just had a brief google search and read the plus points for using the ones that disolve under the tongue but couldnt find the ingredients they use other than "Dissolving agent and sweetener: Lactose, acacia gum, and stevia". Do yours mention what they are made with at all?

megalodon is offline Senior Member

"Product Description

I think you will find that the olive oil is merely a vehicle (albeit healthy) for containing the actual supplement that is sourced i believe,from lanolin found in sheeps wool.

Cal. is offline Member
    I found this an informative thread cayla29s, thank you for starting it.

Quote Originally Posted by cayla29s View Post
    Now that winter is coming up I want to start taking Vitamin D supplement. Can you recommend a safe dosage for me. What kind should I get?
    I'm 119 5'2.
    I hope you found a good Vitamin D dosage. It's good to see you're still looking after your health at 119; what weight are you by the way?

AuroraB is offline Senior Member
    They sound good. I just had a brief google search and read the plus points for using the ones that disolve under the tongue but couldnt find the ingredients they use other than "Dissolving agent and sweetener: Lactose, acacia gum, and stevia". Do yours mention what they are made with at all?
    I get mine at CVC4Health. Here's the info on the back of the container.

Vitamin D 10,000IU 2,500% daily value
    (as cholecalciferol)
    other ingredients: Lactose (milk) and acacia gum

100 count for $19.99 US (IMO, not a bad price for over 3 months worth)

snoops is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Just an update. Got my bloodwork done and my Vit D level was 65. Woo Hoo. That was after taking none all summer and taking 6000IU probably since Sept-Oct. I forget when exactly I started. In the past as my previous post said I was taking 2000IU and was barely at OK levels with a number in the low 40's. I guess optimum levels are 65-75 so I plan to continue with the 6000 a day.

As a side note I just realized that my low levels were also when I was still eating grains. Wonder if stopping the grains allowed better absorption.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123