Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 21 to 30 of 30

Thread: Vitamin D supplement page 3

  1. #21
    Karyn's Avatar
    Karyn is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    29
    Primal Fuel
    My vitamin D level was only 14. I was taking 2K units daily and it only went up to 20. Now my doctor prescibed 50K units once a week. I get retested next month I hopefully it will be near 35. I know doctors that precribe 5K a day to treat low levels but you can take 10K, supposedly, without any side effects.

  2. #22
    megalodon's Avatar
    megalodon is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Manchester,England
    Posts
    358
    I recommend "Natures Answer" vitamin D3 drops. 2 small drops taken daily provide 8000 iu's.I have not had a cold,cough,sniffle etc
    since starting supplementing about 31 months ago.
    They are available on Amazon.

  3. #23
    kot's Avatar
    kot
    kot is offline Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    61
    +1 for Green Pasture's Fermented Cod's Liver Oil and High Vitamin Butter Oil combo. It provides the A and k2 needed to balance Vit D
    I take 1/2 tsp daily along with a 1 tbls of coconut oil. melt/swish in mouth while coffee brews. wash down with coffee

  4. #24
    Kookie's Avatar
    Kookie is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Hertfordshire, UK
    Posts
    17
    Quote Originally Posted by megalodon View Post
    I recommend "Natures Answer" vitamin D3 drops. 2 small drops taken daily provide 8000 iu's.I have not had a cold,cough,sniffle etc
    since starting supplementing about 31 months ago.
    They are available on Amazon.
    I'd like to buy some vitD supplements too, these look good, I like the fact that they tell you the ingredients:

    "Product Description
    Natureā??s Answer Vitamin D-3 offers the preferred Vitamin D form of Vitamin D-3 in pure golden extra virgin olive oil. Vitamin D-3 is delivered in a highly absorbable liquid form with no fillers or tableting agents typically found in other brands. This product is free of salt, wheat, corn, soy, yeast, sugar, milk and preservatives. Please visit Natural Herbal Supplements, Vitamin and Nutritional Supplements | Nature's Answer for more info."


    Are most vitD supplements made from olive oil? And does anyone know how much olive oil you would need to consume to get the same dose, in this case, one drop = 4000ui's.
    Apologies in advance if this has been covered before.

  5. #25
    AuroraB's Avatar
    AuroraB is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    SD, USA
    Posts
    676
    Quote Originally Posted by Kookie View Post
    I'd like to buy some vitD supplements too, these look good, I like the fact that they tell you the ingredients:

    "Product Description
    Natureā??s Answer Vitamin D-3 offers the preferred Vitamin D form of Vitamin D-3 in pure golden extra virgin olive oil. Vitamin D-3 is delivered in a highly absorbable liquid form with no fillers or tableting agents typically found in other brands. This product is free of salt, wheat, corn, soy, yeast, sugar, milk and preservatives. Please visit Natural Herbal Supplements, Vitamin and Nutritional Supplements | Nature's Answer for more info."


    Are most vitD supplements made from olive oil? And does anyone know how much olive oil you would need to consume to get the same dose, in this case, one drop = 4000ui's.
    Apologies in advance if this has been covered before.
    Not all vit D3 supps have to be made with olive oil. I get the sublingual kind. Actually they are microlingual. They disolve under your tongue in seconds. Very handy for kids (and people who can't swallow pills).

  6. #26
    Kookie's Avatar
    Kookie is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Hertfordshire, UK
    Posts
    17
    Quote Originally Posted by AuroraB View Post
    Not all vit D3 supps have to be made with olive oil. I get the sublingual kind. Actually they are microlingual. They disolve under your tongue in seconds. Very handy for kids (and people who can't swallow pills).
    They sound good. I just had a brief google search and read the plus points for using the ones that disolve under the tongue but couldnt find the ingredients they use other than "Dissolving agent and sweetener: Lactose, acacia gum, and stevia". Do yours mention what they are made with at all?

  7. #27
    megalodon's Avatar
    megalodon is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Manchester,England
    Posts
    358
    Quote Originally Posted by Kookie View Post
    I'd like to buy some vitD supplements too, these look good, I like the fact that they tell you the ingredients:

    "Product Description
    Natureā??s Answer Vitamin D-3 offers the preferred Vitamin D form of Vitamin D-3 in pure golden extra virgin olive oil. Vitamin D-3 is delivered in a highly absorbable liquid form with no fillers or tableting agents typically found in other brands. This product is free of salt, wheat, corn, soy, yeast, sugar, milk and preservatives. Please visit Natural Herbal Supplements, Vitamin and Nutritional Supplements | Nature's Answer for more info."


    Are most vitD supplements made from olive oil? And does anyone know how much olive oil you would need to consume to get the same dose, in this case, one drop = 4000ui's.
    Apologies in advance if this has been covered before.
    I think you will find that the olive oil is merely a vehicle (albeit healthy) for containing the actual supplement that is sourced i believe,from lanolin found in sheeps wool.

  8. #28
    Cal.'s Avatar
    Cal. is offline Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    West Bromwich, UK
    Posts
    72
    I found this an informative thread cayla29s, thank you for starting it.

    Quote Originally Posted by cayla29s View Post
    Now that winter is coming up I want to start taking Vitamin D supplement. Can you recommend a safe dosage for me. What kind should I get?
    I'm 119 5'2.
    I hope you found a good Vitamin D dosage. It's good to see you're still looking after your health at 119; what weight are you by the way?

  9. #29
    AuroraB's Avatar
    AuroraB is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    SD, USA
    Posts
    676
    Quote Originally Posted by Kookie View Post
    They sound good. I just had a brief google search and read the plus points for using the ones that disolve under the tongue but couldnt find the ingredients they use other than "Dissolving agent and sweetener: Lactose, acacia gum, and stevia". Do yours mention what they are made with at all?
    I get mine at CVC4Health. Here's the info on the back of the container.

    Vitamin D 10,000IU 2,500% daily value
    (as cholecalciferol)
    other ingredients: Lactose (milk) and acacia gum

    100 count for $19.99 US (IMO, not a bad price for over 3 months worth)

  10. #30
    snoops's Avatar
    snoops is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    231
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Just an update. Got my bloodwork done and my Vit D level was 65. Woo Hoo. That was after taking none all summer and taking 6000IU probably since Sept-Oct. I forget when exactly I started. In the past as my previous post said I was taking 2000IU and was barely at OK levels with a number in the low 40's. I guess optimum levels are 65-75 so I plan to continue with the 6000 a day.

    As a side note I just realized that my low levels were also when I was still eating grains. Wonder if stopping the grains allowed better absorption.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •