8 oz smoked oysters (2 cans)
    8 oz chicken livers
    2 oz almonds
    1/4 of a yellow bell pepper (Vit C)
    3 oz swiss cheese
    1397 Calories, 87g Fat, 38g tot carbs, 116g Protein

Periwinkle is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Lukey View Post
    Not us all of us have the luxury of living in a place like Arizona, it's never sunny in Ireland! Haha. I need all the vitamin D I can get
    LOL Living in South Texas, I dont worry too much about Vitamin D. Going outside in the summer makes me think of that scene in Wall-e where he flies past the sun on his way to the Axiom and his power bar fills up in about 2 seconds. I always think of my little Vitamin D bar maxing out just walking from the door to the car. Even today...it was in the low 90s. Of course, Ireland has got to be much prettier than South Texas...I envy you...
    It's just another day in paradise
    As you stumble to your bed
    You'd give anything to silence
    Those voices ringing in your head
    You thought you could find happiness
    Just over that green hill
    You thought you would be satisfied
    But you never will-
    Learn to be still
    -The Eagles

otzi Guest
    8 oz chicken livers
    2 oz almonds
    3 oz swiss cheese

This hits them all. I use FitDay.com's nutrient calculator. If you every have an off day, eat a couple cans of smoked oysters--puts you way up there in most nutrients.

magicmerl is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by otzi View Post
    8 oz chicken livers
    2 oz almonds
    3 oz swiss cheese

This hits them all. I use FitDay.com's nutrient calculator. If you every have an off day, eat a couple cans of smoked oysters--puts you way up there in most nutrients.
    You win the thread. Have a.... piece of jerky. Or some dark chocolate. Your choice.
    Disclaimer: I eat 'meat and vegetables' ala Primal, although I don't agree with the carb curve. I like Perfect Health Diet and WAPF Lactofermentation a lot.

Griff's cholesterol primer
    5,000 Cal Fat <> 5,000 Cal Carbs
    Winterbike: What I eat every day is what other people eat to treat themselves.
    TQP: I find for me that nutrition is much more important than what I do in the gym.
    bloodorchid is always right

Drumroll is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by magicmerl View Post
    You win the thread. Have a.... piece of jerky. Or some dark chocolate. Your choice.
    FitDay's nutrient calculator is missing several nutrients I think. Not that I'm saying you're wrong about this but I'd be curious to check on the nutrients not ithe FitDay calculator that still have an RDA.

peril is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cayla29s View Post
    So are you saying that a calcium supplement is also needed for proper absorption of vitamin d. Maybe I'm not understanding what one truly needs in terms of supplements in order to be as healthy as possible. I thought paleo brings you as close to being healthy without needing too many vitamins from pills.
    No, quite the opposite. Supplementing Vit D (which I do at 5000IU/day) renders calcium supplementation unnecessary, perhaps even detrimental
    Four years Primal with influences from Jaminet & Shanahan and a focus on being anti-inflammatory. Using Primal to treat CVD and prevent stents from blocking free of drugs.

Eat creatures nose-to-tail (animal, fowl, fish, crustacea, molluscs), a large variety of vegetables (raw, cooked and fermented, including safe starches), dairy (cheese & yoghurt), occasional fruit, cocoa, turmeric & red wine

Knifegill is online now Senior Member
    I was about to say, I almost do this every day. Oysters and liver are on the menu at least twice a week, and I eat rose hips when they're in season for the vitD, but have to supplement in winter. Those photo-flash mushrooms are supposedly a valid source of vitamin D, so I do eat those somewhat regularly, too. Add animal fats, nuts, eggs, avocado and that's most of what a body needs right there.

Turquoisepassion:
    Knifegill is christened to be high carb now!
    notontherug:
    the buttstuff...never interested.
    One more tamarind, MATT DAMON
    might be the day I tried the liver - just like you

Tremendous worms of a swarthy nature pursue me across the sandy blank sky. I stop to think. What the devil AM I up to?!

My pony picture thread http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread82786.html

zoebird is offline Senior Member
    I'm trying to get myself to learn to love seafood. I figure that would be the balancing piece for me.

That being said, I assume I get everything I need from food because I never supplement and never have (not even during pregnancy). And, I'm healthy as a horse (or ox) or whatever.

Drumroll is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by zoebird View Post
    I'm trying to get myself to learn to love seafood. I figure that would be the balancing piece for me.

That being said, I assume I get everything I need from food because I never supplement and never have (not even during pregnancy). And, I'm healthy as a horse (or ox) or whatever.
    Seafood would definitely help out a lot. I think sea vegetables like seaweed and the like are nutritional powerhouses in addition.

zoebird is offline Senior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    I'm no fan of seafood or sea veggies. it's either too fishy or too salty for my tastes. lol

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast