Thread: Quinoa breakfast product page

grecorosana is offline Junior Member

Quinoa breakfast product

Shop Now
    Good afternoon. I recently added high quality oats (or so I think) to my breakfast because I am doing endurance training for triathlons and cycling events. I am worried about the possible cross-contamination with wheat and barley and I'm curious to find out if anybody has tried a Quinoa product that resembles oatmeal, if so please let me know if you liked it and if you recommend it.

Thanks!

anadolis is offline Junior Member
    Hi there!
    Whole Foods and online bulk health-food sites sell Quinoa Flakes, which I've tried and enjoyed. They're sold by the pound on nuts.com, running something around $5-6/lb. I don't buy them, personally, since the cost seems a bit steep and I have felt no need to eat anything cereal-like, but the product does exist!
    You can also just cook regular quinoa, then add milk/cream/coconut milk and cook some more to make a quinoa porridge. Pound for pound, whole quinoa is cheaper than the crushed/rolled flakes.

grecorosana is offline Junior Member
    Great suggestion, thank you! What I like about that Irish oatmeal is that I can make it in the microwave. I guess I can cook several cups of quinoa in advance and just reheat as I need to. Thanks again!

Owly is offline Senior Member
    I used to cook whole quinoa up in batches, then portion it in containers and put the week's worth in the fridge. It's nice with cinnamon and milk.
    “If I didn't define myself for myself, I would be crunched into other people's fantasies for me and eaten alive.” --Audre Lorde

Owly's Journal