Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I feel deeply insulted ;-) page 2

sbhikes is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Oh god the other night one of his little tips came on TV. He said to lose weight try zig-zagging your calories. One day 1200 calories, the next 1000 calories, the next 1100 calories. Does he honestly believe that a) a difference of 100 or 200 calories is really that much and b) that eating 1200 or less is actually a good idea? Good grief. No wonder nobody succeeds on CW. They're all starving to death. I'd be cheating on my diet any chance I got if I was both forbidden to eat anything healthy and satisfying (like meat and fat) and forced to eat 1200 or fewer calories every day.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    Starting squat: 45lbs. Heaviest squat: 180 x 2. Heaviest Deadlift: 230 x 2

magnolia1973 is offline Senior Member
    Oh, come now, SB Hikes, you could have egg beaters and light margarine for breakfast, fat free yogurt snack, a nice whole grain kashi meal for lunch, 100 calorie pack AND a lean cuisine for dinner, with a salad with fat free dressing AND have room for some fat free frozen yogurt! Come on, sounds filling to me!

Quote Originally Posted by magnolia1973 View Post
    Oh, come now, SB Hikes, you could have egg beaters and light margarine for breakfast, fat free yogurt snack, a nice whole grain kashi meal for lunch, 100 calorie pack AND a lean cuisine for dinner, with a salad with fat free dressing AND have room for some fat free frozen yogurt! Come on, sounds filling to me!
    Oh yeah. Sounds really good. You won't see me eating that 1000 calorie almond croissant when I'm hungry before 10am.

Jena is offline Senior Member
    Every a-hole that watches his stupid show tries to tell me "medical" tidbits they learned. Blech... I am incredibly proud to say I have never watched it.
    Cha-cha-cha changes.... turn and face the strange...

My journal - http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread66276.html

Jena is offline Senior Member
    I can't believe I used to attempt (unsuccessfully) to eat like that. Life is so much better now
    Cha-cha-cha changes.... turn and face the strange...

My journal - http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread66276.html

Lynna is offline Senior Member
    Oh gods. Eggbeaters! Yuck. I remember a few years ago my MIL served us eggbeaters for breakfast and I had to dump ketchup on them to make them palatable and I never put ketchup on eggs. Last time we visited she was back to real eggs.

magnolia1973 is offline Senior Member
    Oh yeah. Sounds really good. You won't see me eating that 1000 calorie almond croissant when I'm hungry before 10am.
    Yeah.... as long as you look the other way at the pile of snack size candy wrappers in my trash can. But all I really eat is salad. Must be that feta cheese....

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    What seems weird to me know is how on earth did we ever come to think that if we put nutritionally void food down our gullets that our bodies would respond with weight loss and health rather than hunger and binge eating? That it would say hey, thanks for that empty food! Thanks for the vegetable oil whipped with water! Thanks for the rice puffed with air! Thanks for the salad with fat-free dressing! I didn't need those fat-soluble vitamins anyway! Don't mind me, your body, I will just go on my merry way now that you've fooled me. Not like I understand things at the molecular level or anything.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12