Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: A question of mass page 2

msfish is offline Junior Member
    Shop Now
    Not trying to hijack the thread......but what if you are female in the same situation of trying to get more LEAN and strong, but not get bigger.
    Do you keep protein lower than fat and eat the minimal amt of protein. I am eating low carb. and confused as to the amt of protein I need. I am 5'1" around 100# and seem to bulk up in areas (bottom) that I do not want. I typically do lifting 3x per week with sprints 1-2x and moving lots.

high fat verses high protein??

primalrob is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by msfish View Post
    Not trying to hijack the thread......but what if you are female in the same situation of trying to get more LEAN and strong, but not get bigger.
    Do you keep protein lower than fat and eat the minimal amt of protein. I am eating low carb. and confused as to the amt of protein I need. I am 5'1" around 100# and seem to bulk up in areas (bottom) that I do not want. I typically do lifting 3x per week with sprints 1-2x and moving lots.

high fat verses high protein??
    i may be off on this, but you want to go moderate protein. if you're 100 lbs., i'd be aiming at 75-100g per day for protein, stay fairly low carb (but don't be afraid of them), and then whatever fat will make you happy. and lift heavy. no, heavier.

it's the same deal; you can be strong without being big.

Mr. Anthony is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by primalrob View Post
    i may be off on this, but you want to go moderate protein. if you're 100 lbs., i'd be aiming at 75-100g per day for protein, stay fairly low carb (but don't be afraid of them), and then whatever fat will make you happy. and lift heavy. no, heavier.

it's the same deal; you can be strong without being big.
    This, for girls. Moderate (not high) protein and lifting heavy. MOST girls won't get bulky doing this. Very few can legitimately bulk up a lot without reeeaaallly trying to. If you get way bigger, dial it down a little; you won't blow up in size overnight.

Daemonized is offline Senior Member
    Martin over at leangains just did a post on training for women yesterday. I think he's right in that a lot of women think that they will end up looking like the female body builders that take steroids. Just avoid the roids. His words "Eat like a man, train like a man, and look like a goddess."

Train Like A Man, Look Like A Goddess | Intermittent fasting diet for fat loss, muscle gain and health

not on the rug is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Daemonized View Post
    Martin over at leangains just did a post on training for women yesterday. I think he's right in that a lot of women think that they will end up looking like the female body builders that take steroids. Just avoid the roids. His words "Eat like a man, train like a man, and look like a goddess."
    truer words were never spoken. my brain might melt if i ever hear another woman tell me she is afraid of bulking up.

Quote Originally Posted by not on the rug View Post
    truer words were never spoken. my brain might melt if i ever hear another woman tell me she is afraid of bulking up.
    Its not that I "bulk" up like hulk, but I tend to have a "bubble butt" and it is more prominent when I am lifting. Maybe I am doing the wrong moves....Squats, and deads. Granted, I am probably not going heavy enough(work-out at home), but I still note a difference in how my pants fit.

not on the rug is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by msfish View Post
    Its not that I "bulk" up like hulk, but I tend to have a "bubble butt" and it is more prominent when I am lifting. Maybe I am doing the wrong moves....Squats, and deads. Granted, I am probably not going heavy enough(work-out at home), but I still note a difference in how my pants fit.
    you're 5'1", 100lbs. i'm having a hard time comprehending how the term bubble butt could ever apply to you. women with some muscle tone and curves are a good thing

Daemonized is offline Senior Member
    Muscle looks great in a woman's butt, I'm a fan of that look.

Quote Originally Posted by not on the rug View Post
    you're 5'1", 100lbs. i'm having a hard time comprehending how the term bubble butt could ever apply to you. women with some muscle tone and curves are a good thing
    Believe me, it applies. I need more muscle tone focused on the glute/femoral area. Muscles needs to break thru

I think I will work towards heavier weights shorter reps.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Anthony View Post
    This, for girls. Moderate (not high) protein and lifting heavy. MOST girls won't get bulky doing this. Very few can legitimately bulk up a lot without reeeaaallly trying to. If you get way bigger, dial it down a little; you won't blow up in size overnight.
    What is moderate protein to you?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast