Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gomad

Hybrid View

Gomad

I'm seriously considering drinking, not a gallon, but a liter of whole milk a day. I have now reached 158 lbs and it's getting hard to gain. I'm aiming for 4500+ cals. My mom has got money, but she's not rich. And a liter of milk will give me 600-700 calories and protein for €1.10. Is this extreme? I'm a little out of options. There are no other relatively primal options this cheap, right?
    Last edited by Gadsie; 10-04-2012 at 12:07 AM.
    well then

When I was young and skinny and working on the farm I drank a from a pint to a quart of milk for lunch pretty much every day I could.
    Quarts when I had late lunch in summer after a long morning of hard work.

It was almost always fresh raw goat milk... because that was one of my jobs. But still.
    I stayed lean drinking it too... but I worked hard.

With your body type and metabolism I don't think it will hurt you one tiny bit.
    I say go for it... as long as digesting dairy isn't a problem for you.

As always... if you can get at least organic it's REALLY a better option.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

Quote Originally Posted by cori93437 View Post
    When I was young and skinny and working on the farm I drank a from a pint to a quart of milk for lunch pretty much every day I could.
    Quarts when I had late lunch in summer after a long morning of hard work.

It was almost always fresh raw goat milk... because that was one of my jobs. But still.
    I stayed lean drinking it too... but I worked hard.

With your body type and metabolism I don't think it will hurt you one tiny bit.
    I say go for it... as long as digesting dairy isn't a problem for you.

As always... if you can get at least organic it's REALLY a better option.
    Those farm stories always ssound good
    I get organic, not raw. It's not allowed by the law to transport raw milk here, only cheese can be transported raw.
    well then

To possibly make you even happier... I was really extremely muscled for a teen girl.
    I could work circles around most guys my age doing "man" jobs... and got called out as a bit of freak (the word they used was "Amazon" because I'm also tall). I found it embarrassing at the time... which was LONG before girls with noticeable muscles was really acceptable.

I ate a VERY primal diet... plus all that raw milk.

Try it and see how it works for you.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche

It will work to give you a lot of extra calories, if you can find a grass fed option of course go for that but countless bros have used regular ol' milk and none have died.

cheap source of calories/protein/fat/carbs. do it up. since you can't have raw, make it organic whole milk.

Do this:

Breakfast: 6 eggs, cheese, apple, 2 glasses of milk
    Lunch: Chicken, rice, veggies, 2 glasses of milk
    2nd Lunch: Chicken, rice, veggies, 2 glasses of milk
    pre-workout: 10g BCAA
    workout
    Bed: 40 grams of whey mixed with 2 glasses of milk

repeat for 2 months. hit me up and let me know if you got bigger.

Hey Wolfman...

The OP in question is a teen... he has sot of limited food access since he has to rely mostly on what his parents buy.
    He can't really wholesale demand a certain diet. As it is he eats a modified diet of the foods that they provide living in a non-primal household.

This milk will be something he will be providing for himself I believe.
    That's why the cost issues.

I'm sure your detailed plan is appreciated, and if he were in a situation where he could use it he would... he just isn't there yet.

He's come a long way here and he's doing really well though!
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche

Quote Originally Posted by cori93437 View Post
    Hey Wolfman...

The OP in question is a teen... he has sot of limited food access since he has to rely mostly on what his parents buy.
    He can't really wholesale demand a certain diet. As it is he eats a modified diet of the foods that they provide living in a non-primal household.

This milk will be something he will be providing for himself I believe.
    That's why the cost issues.

I'm sure your detailed plan is appreciated, and if he were in a situation where he could use it he would... he just isn't there yet.

He's come a long way here and he's doing really well though!
    Well, see the cool thing is that my mom is awesome. She gives me €600 a month and I have to buy all my food + some of the food for my mom (she wants me to buy bread for her etc so their food is cheap). I can buy whatever food I want. However I can't spend more than 20€ a day.
    I like wolfmans idea, they whey, milk, eggs etc. apart from the chicken, organic it's €30 per kg.
    well then

Quote Originally Posted by Gadsie View Post
    Well, see the cool thing is that my mom is awesome. She gives me €600 a month and I have to buy all my food + some of the food for my mom (she wants me to buy bread for her etc so their food is cheap). I can buy whatever food I want. However I can't spend more than 20€ a day.
    I like wolfmans idea, they whey, milk, eggs etc. apart from the chicken, organic it's €30 per kg.
    do you supplement with whey now? because i really don't see any reason for you to start with it yet. maybe not ever. just keep lifting and eating. you're making good progress. i think the milk is going to work out well for you