Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 15

Thread: Gomad page

  1. #1
    Gadsie's Avatar
    Gadsie is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Groningen, Netherlands
    Posts
    1,950

    Gomad

    I'm seriously considering drinking, not a gallon, but a liter of whole milk a day. I have now reached 158 lbs and it's getting hard to gain. I'm aiming for 4500+ cals. My mom has got money, but she's not rich. And a liter of milk will give me 600-700 calories and protein for €1.10. Is this extreme? I'm a little out of options. There are no other relatively primal options this cheap, right?
    Last edited by Gadsie; 10-04-2012 at 01:07 AM.
    well then

  2. #2
    cori93437's Avatar
    cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    central FL
    Posts
    6,715
    When I was young and skinny and working on the farm I drank a from a pint to a quart of milk for lunch pretty much every day I could.
    Quarts when I had late lunch in summer after a long morning of hard work.

    It was almost always fresh raw goat milk... because that was one of my jobs. But still.
    I stayed lean drinking it too... but I worked hard.

    With your body type and metabolism I don't think it will hurt you one tiny bit.
    I say go for it... as long as digesting dairy isn't a problem for you.

    As always... if you can get at least organic it's REALLY a better option.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.


  3. #3
    Gadsie's Avatar
    Gadsie is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Groningen, Netherlands
    Posts
    1,950
    Quote Originally Posted by cori93437 View Post
    When I was young and skinny and working on the farm I drank a from a pint to a quart of milk for lunch pretty much every day I could.
    Quarts when I had late lunch in summer after a long morning of hard work.

    It was almost always fresh raw goat milk... because that was one of my jobs. But still.
    I stayed lean drinking it too... but I worked hard.

    With your body type and metabolism I don't think it will hurt you one tiny bit.
    I say go for it... as long as digesting dairy isn't a problem for you.

    As always... if you can get at least organic it's REALLY a better option.
    Those farm stories always ssound good
    I get organic, not raw. It's not allowed by the law to transport raw milk here, only cheese can be transported raw.
    well then

  4. #4
    cori93437's Avatar
    cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    central FL
    Posts
    6,715
    To possibly make you even happier... I was really extremely muscled for a teen girl.
    I could work circles around most guys my age doing "man" jobs... and got called out as a bit of freak (the word they used was "Amazon" because I'm also tall). I found it embarrassing at the time... which was LONG before girls with noticeable muscles was really acceptable.


    I ate a VERY primal diet... plus all that raw milk.

    Try it and see how it works for you.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.


  5. #5
    iniQuity's Avatar
    iniQuity is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Northern NJ
    Posts
    5,718
    It will work to give you a lot of extra calories, if you can find a grass fed option of course go for that but countless bros have used regular ol' milk and none have died.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    nj
    Posts
    4,522
    cheap source of calories/protein/fat/carbs. do it up. since you can't have raw, make it organic whole milk.

  7. #7
    wolfman's Avatar
    wolfman is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    262
    Do this:

    Breakfast: 6 eggs, cheese, apple, 2 glasses of milk
    Lunch: Chicken, rice, veggies, 2 glasses of milk
    2nd Lunch: Chicken, rice, veggies, 2 glasses of milk
    pre-workout: 10g BCAA
    workout
    Post: Steak, sweet potato, veggies, 2 glasses of milk
    Bed: 40 grams of whey mixed with 2 glasses of milk

    repeat for 2 months. hit me up and let me know if you got bigger.

  8. #8
    cori93437's Avatar
    cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    central FL
    Posts
    6,715
    Hey Wolfman...

    The OP in question is a teen... he has sot of limited food access since he has to rely mostly on what his parents buy.
    He can't really wholesale demand a certain diet. As it is he eats a modified diet of the foods that they provide living in a non-primal household.

    This milk will be something he will be providing for himself I believe.
    That's why the cost issues.

    I'm sure your detailed plan is appreciated, and if he were in a situation where he could use it he would... he just isn't there yet.

    He's come a long way here and he's doing really well though!
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.


  9. #9
    Gadsie's Avatar
    Gadsie is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Groningen, Netherlands
    Posts
    1,950
    Quote Originally Posted by cori93437 View Post
    Hey Wolfman...

    The OP in question is a teen... he has sot of limited food access since he has to rely mostly on what his parents buy.
    He can't really wholesale demand a certain diet. As it is he eats a modified diet of the foods that they provide living in a non-primal household.

    This milk will be something he will be providing for himself I believe.
    That's why the cost issues.

    I'm sure your detailed plan is appreciated, and if he were in a situation where he could use it he would... he just isn't there yet.

    He's come a long way here and he's doing really well though!
    Well, see the cool thing is that my mom is awesome. She gives me €600 a month and I have to buy all my food + some of the food for my mom (she wants me to buy bread for her etc so their food is cheap). I can buy whatever food I want. However I can't spend more than 20€ a day.
    I like wolfmans idea, they whey, milk, eggs etc. apart from the chicken, organic it's €30 per kg.
    well then

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    nj
    Posts
    4,522
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by Gadsie View Post
    Well, see the cool thing is that my mom is awesome. She gives me €600 a month and I have to buy all my food + some of the food for my mom (she wants me to buy bread for her etc so their food is cheap). I can buy whatever food I want. However I can't spend more than 20€ a day.
    I like wolfmans idea, they whey, milk, eggs etc. apart from the chicken, organic it's €30 per kg.
    do you supplement with whey now? because i really don't see any reason for you to start with it yet. maybe not ever. just keep lifting and eating. you're making good progress. i think the milk is going to work out well for you

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •