Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: ~~ My Struggles with Substance Abuse and Weight~~ page 2

aloerob is offline Member
    Toombs... your story is very powerful! Being mindful of the changes you want/need to make are great. keep tracking your goals... we will all want to see your progress!
    9/13/12 6'2" 278lbs

Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread65781.html

"Temptation chronicles the story of my life"

Jena is offline Senior Member
    Congratulations!!!! On all accounts

I feel ya, I had to force myself to leave the house this evening finally. Have fun at church tomorrow with the other humans, hopefully some of those humans are wearing short skirts, haha! Just short enough to make you feel alive, not short enough to get you in trouble... No seriously, socializing is probably one of the best things you can do for yourself right now. I think it is important for people to be comfortable being alone (a shocking number aren't) but when you are going to church for a good time (sorry no offense churchy people) you know you need to get out of the house.

That's awesome! So glad that you are finding a place in a community. I imagine it really helps the recovery process. Even if you aren't religious I think it's nice to feel a part of something, especially if you are going through some kind of transition.

McDonalds is the devil! I have also been brought food from there, my old favorites, and felt I had to accept. I did the same thing... tossed the bread! As long as you are eating clean the rest if the time the occasional fast food won't hurt much I don't think. Btw... don't forget to get your veggies in! I am big on meat, eggs, dairy, so I forget to eat my veggies sometimes, but I feel so much better when I do. Well you can't beat an "uplifting" day, so let it be the foundation for your week

Mr. Anthony is online now Senior Member
    If it makes you feel better, when I first went primal I drank a few of those 'Monster Rehab' (low sugar/cal/carb) ones a few times a week--which was weird because I NEVER drank energy drinks before. Once I got settled in 100% (well...97%?) primal, I totally stopped having them and never craved them again. Now just a cup of green tea a day (sometimes more, sometimes none) as my only beverage besides water.

Also, I'm really pulling for you here; please keep up the good work, even when it gets tougher. It WILL get tougher, so get your mind set for a battle now.

Good luck,
    Mr. Anthony

Glad it's going we'll for you. I smoked up until about 3 weeks ago, and I still experienced the benefits of being primal. Not that I endorse smoking, but one step at a time. I am not going to lie either... I have a stash of diet mt. dew in my fridge. I only drink like one per week if that, but still... we all have vices. Hope you enjoy the rest of your week!

TOOMBS is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by lucearcrona View Post
    Aren't they just the same as Anaheim chiles
    !?!?!

You'll quit when you're ready. And I honestly don't know if I could've done it as easily without the foundation of being primal for a few months first. I really gained the desire to do good things for my body after cleaning up what I ate. Congrats on your first day of work completed! And especially for avoiding food temptations all day. I work at Cracker Barrel, so I do understand that part! You're really moving things in the right direction! That's nothing short of amazing considering your journey up to this point. That's part of life... a series of challenges to get past... even if we were the ones to create the challenge in the first place, lol.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    That's all amazing news! It sounds like things are really looking up for you!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12