Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: What's more important: low-carb or Primal ?? page 3

stonefury is offline Junior Member
    Primal Fuel
    If you're interested in VLC primal, I recommend reading "Primal Body, Primal Mind" by Nora Gedgaudas. She advocates for a VLC diet and gets into the physiological effects of elevated blood sugar and glucose metabolism to make a case for sustained ketosis. She also makes a good case for moderating protein intake, which means most of your calories then come from fats. Since it looks like you're eating mostly meat and eggs, you might consider adding things like salad with olive oil, cooked or raw vegetables, nuts and seeds, nut butters, olives, avocadoes, coconut milk, or raw milk dairy (if you can tolerate casein). None of these really require much preparation, and if you're able to spend more time, you can find more involved recipes for sauces, soups, bread-alternatives using almond or coconut flour... Low carb doesn't necessarily just mean meat and eggs.

Also, the best way I've found to trick myself to eat more vegetables is making homemade shakes. I got a cheap blender and mix things like coconut milk, kale, beets, carrot, cucumber, ginger, red cabbage, etc., with a little ice and some berries for a little sweetness. It's easy to experiment with different ingredients for some variation.
    Last edited by stonefury; 10-04-2012 at 09:23 AM.

Very very funny!! My kids will love it!

Quote Originally Posted by cori93437 View Post
    Hotdogs...
    Ok, this is the only legitimate response...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123