Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Primal Law of Sleep. What are YOUR benefits of getting more sleep? page

Lawyerchick12 is offline Senior Member

Wink Primal Law of Sleep. What are YOUR benefits of getting more sleep?

Primal Fuel
    So for the first time in YEARS, I slept for 9 hours three consecutive nights in a row and the short term effects has been nothing short of amazing. My mental clarity has been kicked up a notch, I am calmer and I am just overall happier (even though my life is a mess right now lol). My appetite the first day after my long sleep was significantly reduced as well. This is also particularly interesting because it is getting close to that TOM for me and normally all hell breaks loose....so yeaaaa pretty happy.

I feel like this was an aspect of Primal that I had not really incorporated in my lifestyle and just wanted to share the benefits. It is really AH-MA-ZING.

So tell me, what has been the biggest benefits of getting more zzzz's in your life?

Danielle5690 is offline Senior Member
    Ugh, I'll let you know when I get there. This is one area I'm having a really hard time dialing in. I know I do better on 9 hours though.

inesenite is offline Senior Member
    Totally agree with you on mental clarity and less hunger. Another plus - happier mornings and no sweet/nuts/cheese cravings (my three foos vices). Other than that - fatloss (especially belly-fat - I get measured once a week) and better recovery after lifting/better lifting performance. To sum up - getting more sleep is GREAT Now if only I could manage to get enough of it on daily basis - on weekdays it's rarely more than 7 hrs.

Quote Originally Posted by Danielle5690 View Post
    Ugh, I'll let you know when I get there. This is one area I'm having a really hard time dialing in. I know I do better on 9 hours though.
    I really hope you get there! It's awesome

Quote Originally Posted by inesenite View Post
    Totally agree with you on mental clarity and less hunger. Another plus - happier mornings and no sweet/nuts/cheese cravings (my three foos vices). Other than that - fatloss (especially belly-fat - I get measured once a week) and better recovery after lifting/better lifting performance. To sum up - getting more sleep is GREAT Now if only I could manage to get enough of it on daily basis - on weekdays it's rarely more than 7 hrs.
    Here here, my lower pouch bloat also went down. Amazeballs

aix_sponsa is offline Senior Member
    I am more willing to stay up when I wake up now and not go back to sleep. I wake up with my husband, an active duty soldier, at 5:15 am every weekday morning to take him to work at 5:30. I used to get home and go right back to sleep. Now I go for a morning walk on Fort Stewart every morning right after dropping him off instead of going right home. It's still dark out when i walk and I get to listen to the sound of our Army post's song played over the loudspeakers and the morning cannon blast and the soldiers yelling during PT. I look forward to it every morning now.
    Last edited by aix_sponsa; 10-03-2012 at 12:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by aix_sponsa View Post
    I am more willing to stay up when I wake up now and not go back to sleep. I wake up with my husband, an active duty soldier, at 5:15 am every weekday morning to take him to work at 5:30. I used to get home and go right back to sleep. Now I go for a morning walk on Fort Stewart every morning right after dropping him off instead of going right home. It's still dark out when i walk and I get to listen to the sound of our Army post's song played over the loudspeakers and the morning cannon blast and the soldiers yelling during PT. I look forward to it every morning now.
    Right On. What is an army post's song? So you are a military wife eh? Where about's are your guys stationed (if you don't mind me asking)

Yaya76 is offline Junior Member
    Due to illness I've been able to sleep 9 hrs, but I always slept with Netflix on, my phone on, or the TV on. I recently started sleeping in total darkness (which I love, it's the quietness that bothered me). I feel the difference. I also naturally wake up early without any alarm clock. Now, I haven't gone back to work yet, so we'll see how long this last lol.

good for you Yaya. I was like you as well. I used to fall asleep with my lap top still on my chest and then will wake up about 5 hrs later...I got so used to it that for the most part have survived on that amount unless I passed out drunk...different story lol. Anyway I recently moved out of the house I shared with my partner and i haven't gotten most of my stuff out yet...includes laptop and tv, so I had to force myself to sleep completely in the dark as well. I hope I don't revert back to my old ways once I get my stuff this weekend. lol

Quote Originally Posted by Lawyerchick12 View Post
    Right On. What is an army post's song? So you are a military wife eh? Where about's are your guys stationed (if you don't mind me asking)
    We're at Fort Stewart, and every morning the loudspeakers across post play "Dog Face Soldier", the song of Fort Stewart, which the soldiers sing/yell before PT every morning. One of the lyrics mentions eating raw meat for breakfast every day though so it's sort of Primal.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.

This is the Dog Face Soldier song. About 1:13 into the video is what I hear every morning on my walk. I actually sing along to it!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast