Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Keeping CW Food Around? page 2

redskater is offline Junior Member
    Shop Now
    It's my hurricane food! Now I'm assured we will never need it.

I dragged everything out of my cupboards, there was hundreds of pounds worth because I am a bulk shopper, so everything was catering size! Phoned all my friends and told them to come help themselves-they were delighted!! Told my husband, 3 sons, daughter in law and lodger that we were going primal so they were not to bring anything non primal into the house! Shame I didnt keep the same mindset during my months holiday - would have saved myself some physical pain and heartache!! Apart from some flour and sugar that my son uses for making cakes occasionally, (for get togethers) we dont have anything cw in the house, if we did we all might be tempted to eat it!

magicmerl is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by quelsen View Post
    Katana
    Bow
    SledgeHammer
    A bow wouldn't do much against zombies.
    Disclaimer: I eat 'meat and vegetables' ala Primal, although I don't agree with the carb curve. I like Perfect Health Diet and WAPF Lactofermentation a lot.

Griff's cholesterol primer
    5,000 Cal Fat <> 5,000 Cal Carbs
    Winterbike: What I eat every day is what other people eat to treat themselves.
    TQP: I find for me that nutrition is much more important than what I do in the gym.
    bloodorchid is always right

Sandra in BC is offline Senior Member
    Everyone's going to go primal when the zombie apocalypse shuts down infrastructure and manufacturing. There's only a limited supply of refined oils, sugars and grains before world stockpiles run out.
    Sandra
    *My obligatory intro

There are no cheat days. There are days when you eat primal and days you don't. As soon as you label a day a cheat day, you're on a diet. Don't be on a diet. ~~ Fernaldo

DAINTY CAN KISS MY PRIMAL BACKSIDE. ~~ Crabcakes

oxide is offline Senior Member
    I primalized my food storage with beef jerkey and canned sardines. Unfortunately, I've been raiding it.
    5'0" female, 43 years old. Started Primal October 31, 2011, at a skinny fat 111.5 lbs. Low weight: 99.5 lb on a fast. Current weight: skinny-fat 106.5 lbs because of sugar cheating.

MY PRIMAL: I (try to) follow by-the-book primal as advocated by Mark Sisson, except for whey powder and a bit of cream. I aim for 80-90 g carb/day and advocate a two-month strict adjustment for newbies. But everybody is different and other need to tweak Primal to their own needs.

magicmerl is offline Senior Member
    I was sad when I realised that basically ALL of the food in our disaster recovery kit was basically cereals.

But recently I have become aware of a new food group: Pemmican.

I plan on making some to put in the recovery kit and just generally to see what it's like. It seems like ground jerky rubbed in fat.
    Disclaimer: I eat 'meat and vegetables' ala Primal, although I don't agree with the carb curve. I like Perfect Health Diet and WAPF Lactofermentation a lot.

Griff's cholesterol primer
    5,000 Cal Fat <> 5,000 Cal Carbs
    Winterbike: What I eat every day is what other people eat to treat themselves.
    TQP: I find for me that nutrition is much more important than what I do in the gym.
    bloodorchid is always right

Wildrose is offline Senior Member
    LOL, this is the best post ever! Why? Because I have exactly the same stash and I tell anyone who asks, "We're keeping it for the zombie apocalypse." Woo hoo!

Wildrose is offline Senior Member
    I have a couple boxes of angel hair pasta
    One thing, that pasta won't keep forever. I was on weight watchers before primal and I rarely ate pasta, too many points. I tried some that was rather long in the tooth, and, well... weevils. Yeah. They all came bobbing to the surface when I put it in the water. Although I suppose bugs are primal.

Metric is offline Senior Member
    Got rid of everything. Donated to local food bank.

Iron Fireling is offline Senior Member
    I had some tinned vegetables that someone gave me when she was cleaning out her pantry. I have NO IDEA why I took them as I never, ever eat tinned vegetables. I thought of donating them, but there seems to be nowhere around to donate stuff like that TO! (Well I've looked and I'd have to take it over 100km to donate... *sigh*).

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast