Hi all. Here it goes.
I just turned 61 and am at my all time high weight of 155. Keep in mind I'm only 5'3" so those pounds are a bit too much. I have lost a goodly amount of weight twice in my adult life, first with weight watchers and second with the zone plan but, predictably I've gained it all back, then some. I have always been more cheerful if I eat protein but have the fear of fat ingrained in my psyche. I am willing to overcome that one! I don't have much of a sweet tooth but sure do love my chips and beer. My exercise routine consists of Aikido classes 2-3 times a week and very sporatic walking or hiking. I would dearly love to run again but each time I try it is clear to me I have to lose some weight as it is hard on my joints, etc.
So there you have it. I'm clearing out my cubboards today and will begin eating as primal as possible from this point forward.
My fitness goals are to run a local 5miler for women in July of 2013 and backpack through the state of Washington (450+) miles next August. (I did 700 miles this spring though not without great difficulty).
Thanks for reading and I look forward to making some connections here.