Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Son of Grok's Banana Flan page

naiadknight is online now Senior Member

Son of Grok's Banana Flan

Shop Now
    Ok, all you recipe hoarders, I need your help. Son of Grok went offline and I need his banana flan recipe for my primal pecan pie. I know at least one of y'all had to have printed it out, so HELP!
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

seaweed is offline Senior Member
    not sure if this is of assistance but i was looking at custard recipes of recent and his banana custard is mentioned here. dont know about the flan but i guess it would have the same filling.

Primal Kitchen: A Family Grokumentary: Custards!
    I like the Son of Grok banana "Caveman Custard" recipe. In my head, I call it "1-2-3 custard" because it requires one can of coconut milk, two bananas, and three eggs (along with a dash of cinnamon).

Ahhh... That's the ratio. Any idea on the cooktime?
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

I'll be fucked, that is the recipe. I feel kinda stupid for not reading ti better when someone else sent me to it.
    My Primal Battle Tome

i have no clues on cook times as my oven is gas and it is in centigrade so i just cook and hope for the best. custards i usually do a little cooler than a roast and just keep an eye on it. maybe 160 deg C. altho it has to lump it at 180 deg C if i am cooking something else lol you can usually tell by smell and how set it is but i would start looking after about 30 mins maybe.

MistressM is offline Junior Member
    yogurt is an old old olde food- fermented and great for weight maintenance and gut health. Put some in your flan and "grok" away.

namelesswonder is offline Moderator
    Someday I'll get ramekins. Someday.

You're welcome
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

i got mine from a second hand shop and i use them all the time. i have been in fact thinking about getting more. they are great for doing parts of recipes and portioning. plus they kinda look cool, the kids like them and they are easier to fit in the fridge than a big bowl.

Mine came from my father. The hotel he works in still had serveware leftover from a restaurant that went belly up about 15 years ago. That's where all my serveware came from. That's why it looks so classy yet utilitarian: it came from a restaurant.
    My Primal Battle Tome

yes we love classy but utilitarian. awesome way to describe how to dress lol i have a question. how bananary does this taste? i have some very ripe bananas and some open coconut milk and eggs and i was going to try making some. i am guessing the flavour changes when it is hot vs cold a fair bit?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast