Thread: Post Holiday Blues page

Post Holiday Blues

Shop Now
    I had 3 weeks holiday in Aug/Sept, came back mid Sept, then had 5 days away in Italy, came back on Sunday. All was ok til last Tuesday when I developed really bad knee pain, then on Thursday I developed bad neck pain and on Sunday developed a really bad back pain. My husband said it was kidney trouble because I drank so much red wine on Saturday, but I didn't think so! It has all got progressively worse, so today I booked a doctors appointment. She could shed no light on it. Then this afternoon I was hit by a bolt from the blue......was it the bad food I had eaten during my holiday? Although I wasn't reallllly bad, I wasnt as diligent as I usually am, so a bit of ice cream, chips, bread, wine, vodka, battered fish slipped thru the net over the 4 weeks. I gained 17lbs.....so that tells me that I ate badly....but I wasn't expecting to have such bad joint pain in places that I have never had joint pain before!!
    Could it be the effect of the bad oils, sugar etc?

Lawyerchick12 is offline Senior Member
    It most likely the effect of eating "badly"...4 weeks is a month and a month is a long time to eat all that crap especially if you have been eating pretty primal. I don't think u can gain 17lbs of fat in that amount of time though...probably just water weight coupled with a few pounds of fat. Just start eat regularly primal and see how you feel in a week or two. It will take that long to reverse the ill effects of all the bad food you ingested