Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: too many eggs page

ewrutledge is offline Junior Member

too many eggs

http://www.marksdailyapple.com/how-much-is-too-much/

This post got me thinking. I eat three eggs almost every morning along with bacon or ground beef and some veggies. They're delicious. But seeing as how Grok depended on stumbling across a nest to have access to eggs, I can't imagine that three jumbo-sized chicken eggs per day is exactly what my body is "designed" for.

Your thoughts?

jacsuza is offline Member
    If you are worried about this, try going without for a week or so and see if you notice any difference. If you do, then reduce your amount; if you don't, then go for that eggy goodness! (I also have a three-egg breakfast pretty much daily and they are absolutely delicious!)

Suki is offline Senior Member
    Depends on your goals. If you're building muscle - eat as many as you want. If you're trying to lose fat, one whole egg and two yolks should do you fine.

Primal is offline Senior Member
    suki - what's the rationale behind limiting eggs if one's trying to lose fat?

Chaohinon is offline Senior Member
    I have at least 6 eggs a day, often upwards of a dozen.

iniQuity is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Primal View Post
    suki - what's the rationale behind limiting eggs if one's trying to lose fat?
    yeah....?

Suki is offline Senior Member
    Not eggs, egg whites. Really, it's relative to the rest of the diet but there is such a thing as too much protein even while going VLC. If you're getting too much protein, you're just converting that extra protein into glycogen. Not unlike carbs.

The yolks are pure fat (good) and the whites are pure protein. There is an insulin response to dietary protein. There is no insulin response to dietary fat. Ultimately, you're storing fat because of insulin and if you find you're not losing fat while going VLC, I wouldn't be surprised if you need to tweak that protein / fat ratio a bit.

iniQuity is offline Senior Member
    my world crumbles at the thought of not being able to eat at LEAST 20 eggs/week... maybe I don't need to be THAT lean...

Primal is offline Senior Member
    suki - I get the gluconeogenesis thing. I was wondering more about your reference to "one" as opposed to the yolk/white distinction. Without knowing what other protein folks are eating, I just did a double take at the suggestion of "one." That's all. I understand where you're coming from re: gluconeogenesis. So, your clarification of "relative to the rest of the diet" makes perfect sense now...

MalPaz is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    i remember readin somewhere that if you dont eat the egg and yolk together, as one, then your body is unable to process the nutrition from the egg

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast