Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ultra-low carbs (ketosis) for a week with NO cooking? Possible? page

OnlyBodyWeight is offline Senior Member

Ultra-low carbs (ketosis) for a week with NO cooking? Possible?

Primal Fuel
    Cooking is not an option for this experiment.
    I will allow natural carbs from things like the occasional fruit

So far, I can think of:
    • Mixed nuts (But, no added fruit bits with injected sugar)
    • Salads
    • Peanut Butter & Fruit
    • Goya beans cans (seasoned vs. raw beans)

What else would you stock up on?

palebluedots is offline Senior Member
    Well, when you say no cooking, is it because you don't have access to a kitchen, or because you are just doing an experiment where you don't want to cook your food? i.e., what about using a food processor or blender or something like that?

primalrob is offline Senior Member
    the only low-carb-ish thing on that list is salad. nuts, fruit and legumes aren't all high carb foods, but they're definitely carbier than meat and veggies. it's all okay food for a hiking/camping trip, if that's what you're doing.

i would probably add in some good quality cured meats and beef jerkey, cans of tuna, sardines, hard boiled eggs (assuming you can cook before you start the week), cheese, and a lot more veggies.

slowcooker is offline Senior Member
    Pemmican?

lissee is offline Senior Member
    If you're aiming for Ketosis...
    - Pate (liver)
    - High Fat Cheeses
    - Salami
    - Bacon Cooked in advance
    - Deli Meat (only the good kind, not the awful kind. )
    - Coconut Oil
    - Sauerkraut, Kraut salad, or pickled (fresh) beets (but only in SMALL quantities) so you have good probiotics w/out a dairy/insulin spike
    - Mascarpone Cheese
    - Coconut Milk Jello (make yourself, can of coconut milk, add gelatin)
    - Coconut Milk Chocolate pudding (can of coconut milk, put in fridge, once cold, whisk in some unsweetened cocoa powder)

Salads with naturally flavored things like blue cheese, bacon (precooked), red onion, green olives, artichoke hearts, sun dried tomatoes, avocado etc. (of course not all of these at the same time).
    -Tuna salad w/mayo & avocado
    -Guacamole
    -Brazil nuts (2-3), macadamia nuts (10-12)

Yes. You can eat for a week without cooking. Are you going on a road trip? These things you could easily pick up at the store, or pack in your suitcase.

KWM
    KWM is offline Member
    Good list, Lissee, and thanks for the reminder. I'm about to go on an 8 day trip where, although I will have a kitchen, I'll be surrounded by carb-eating sisters (corn on the cob, pie, home-baked bread). Family dynamics don't allow for foodie-lecturing so I've been "thinking about" putting together a shopping list for when I first arrive. Your list had me drooling on my keyboard, and for the first time I feel confident that I'll get through the trip without leaving Keto-Land.

lissee is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by KWM View Post
    Good list, Lissee, and thanks for the reminder. I'm about to go on an 8 day trip where, although I will have a kitchen, I'll be surrounded by carb-eating sisters (corn on the cob, pie, home-baked bread). Family dynamics don't allow for foodie-lecturing so I've been "thinking about" putting together a shopping list for when I first arrive. Your list had me drooling on my keyboard, and for the first time I feel confident that I'll get through the trip without leaving Keto-Land.
    Yay! Happy I could help out. and yes, as I re-read my list, I found that I too was drooling! lol

Here in Austria they have different types of pate in little tins. I find they're perfect when I don't want to cook. I even keep a couple in my desk at work, so if I don't have time to step away for lunch, then I have something. Hopefully they'll have canned pate wherever you live or are going. Hope you have a great time reconnecting with family on your trip.

sbhikes is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by OnlyBodyWeight View Post
    Cooking is not an option for this experiment.
    I will allow natural carbs from things like the occasional fruit

So far, I can think of:
    • Mixed nuts (But, no added fruit bits with injected sugar) <-- not low carb
    • Salads
    • Peanut Butter & Fruit <-- not low carb
    • Goya beans cans (seasoned vs. raw beans) <-- not low carb

What else would you stock up on?
    Sour cream
    Full-fat yogurt
    Creme fraiche
    Blueberries/strawberries (if you're gonna have fruit and wanna stay low carb)
    Canned fish
    Olive oil and fancy vinegar
    Olives, tapenade, sundried tomato pesto
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    Starting squat: 45lbs. Highest squat: 167.5 x 2. Current Deadlift: 210 x 3

tcb
    tcb is offline Senior Member
    jerky.

gopintos is offline Senior Member
    Is taking food an option? We went on vacation in August, and though it was somewhat of a pain, I cooked ahead of time & froze it all, and lugged it in coolers. Also took produce. That part was a bit of a pain, but once we got there, it was sure nice to have a stocked frig & freezer and not have to find a grocery store or restaurant. But I realize that isn't for everyone and may not be a option.

We did find ourselves eating out, so it was a good time to just relax and enjoy some 20%.
    65lbs gone and counting!!

Fat 2 Fit - One Woman's Journey

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast