I've been off the primal lifestyle for well over 8 months due to moving house, work/study/family commitments and a few other personal issues.
I'm at the stage now where I want to start getting back into a bit of a routine exercise wise, and at this point in time, some light cardio suits me better than the heavier lifting I used to do.

I was never much into cardio or anything, and preferred to concentrate on lifting, but I can't do much lifting at this point in time. I've decided I want to start doing some sprints for 10-15 mins about 3 times a week but my fitness base is pretty atrocious, and the fact that I haven't done a whole lot for the past 8 months concerns me.

I'm considering either building up my fitness and stamina up a bit first by doing a basic running program, such as couch-2-5K, or whether to just start doing some walking and then working up to sprints in a shorter timeframe - I'm just not sure what way to go about it.

I'd like to be able to do a 5K jog/run as I feel that's a pretty reasonable amount that somebody should be able to do, so I'm leaning towards that, but I'm not sure whether that's the most efficient path to take - so just after some opinions.

If I went the 5K route, I'd probably hit the 5K, and then start some interval sprints once I hit that mark. If I just did some walking first, I'd look at incorporating some sprints reasonably quickly - but I'm not sure whether I'll have the fitness base required to begin with.

Any opinions on this?