Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: I knew pigs were omnivores, but c'mon, really?? seriously..?? page 3

SarahW is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by Wanderlust View Post
    Wasn't this in Snatch?
    Yes.

I still have no idea what Pitt was saying in that movie, but I remember the pigs quite vividly.

Uncephalized is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Anthony View Post
    I'm really not making light of this--this is a really sad story and sucks--but....I'm seriously curious: will those pigs now ever get slaughtered and eaten? Are there rules about eating something that's eaten a person?
    I am pretty sure that the same laws would apply to farm animals as do to any other domesticated animal that attacks or kills a human. They're usually destroyed. I seriously doubt the governing body would allow any animal known to have consumed human flesh back into the human food stream--disease issues aside (and those are not trivial), I wouldn't want to be the guy who ate the ham that ate the farmer, so it's an ethical problem too.
    Today I will: Eat food, not poison. Plan for success, not settle for failure. Live my real life, not a virtual one. Move and grow, not sit and die.

My Primal Journal

Shelli is offline Senior Member
    It IS a sad story....trust Fox News in Oregon to point out the whole macabre "his dentures were found in front of the food trough". At least they didn't find one of the hogs WEARING his dentures.
    I guess he was a farmer very well respected in the community, always encouraging people to bring their kids around to see how farming really worked. The hogs were so large because he sold the piglets as weaners. (One woman commented on an Oregon news site that he sold "weiner pigs". Another person said "what the heck is a weiner pig?" Had to laugh over that one.)

I sent the link to my dad who is an old farm boy and he said first thing you learn is never to stumble in the hog pen. Big dilemma as to what to do with the guilty hogs....I mean, what could you say?

LJH
    LJH is offline Senior Member
    Reminded me of the scene in 'Silence of the Lambs' where bad guys feed someone to hogs. Also the old saying "He when to shit and the hogs et him."

Don't mess with pigs.

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by LJH View Post
    Reminded me of the scene in 'Silence of the Lambs' where bad guys feed someone to hogs. Also the old saying "He when to shit and the hogs et him."

Don't mess with pigs.
    Not Silence of the Lambs, Hannibal.

And those hogs were actually trained to have a heightened feeding response to human screams much like Pavlov's dogs were trained with the bell, as well as by stuffing human clothing with food so that they were familiar with tearing into it to get to their dinner.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123